586,111 active members*
3,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Milling 2 sides stock setup.

Milling 2 sides stock setup.

I've been working on making a set of pistol (1911) grips out .25" aluminum plate. My problem is setting up the stock so both milled sides match up.
    Currently, I screw the stock down to a jig plate with shoulder screws in four corners and then flip the stock on the center of the stock Y axis (left side flipped to right side) while using the same four screw holes. Thus the stock is still in the same place and not shifted over to the left or right.
    In Mastercam X4 I use the WCS to machine the bottom and then the top. But, when I load it into Mach 3 the two sides are are to be flipped like a page in a book (flipped y axis left side.
    So, how do I tell mastercam to machine so I can flip without moving all the way over to the left side?
    As I write this I think I might of figured out my problem. When I drew the part, it was all done in the upper right hand quadrant. Do I need to shift the drawing so the center of it is located at (0,0) instead of the bottom left corner?

Any tips or ideas would be great!

Thanks guys!

you need to create your own WCS intead of using the bottom that dos not flip as you would thing.
    go to PrecisionProgramming - YouTube and look at a few videos on using the WCS.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .