586,103 active members*
3,420 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Plasmacam, Dynatorch, Plasma CNC Help

Hi, I am new to the forum and I am in the market for a plasma table similar to that of PlasmaCam and I was hoping some of you here might be able to lend me some advice...
    So here it goes. So far I have researched and found a few companies by the following names that offer the type of system I am looking for. The companies I have ben looking at are Plasmacam, PracticalCNC, DynaTorch, and DynaCNC. I have pretty much found that I do not want to go with Plasmacam! I base that decision just on the lack of concern to earn my business when I called Plasmacam, with my credit card in hand, to purchase the machine (by the way, they dont except credit cards). I felt that they could careless if I bought a machine from them or not and that the customer service was very poor. Which begs the question... IF THE CUSTOMER SERVICES IS THIS BAD BEFORE I BUY THE MACHINE, WHAT WILL IT BE LIKE AFTER I HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT ONE?
    I am hoping some of you may have some advice for me about the other companies because thus far I am pretty confused .
    (chair)

Practical CNC makes a killer unit but the customer service sucks. What parts do you need to make maybe its better and cheaper to have someone else plasma them out.

they all suck at some point in time, but when it comes down to it, dyancnc seems to suck the least of all. that's what i would buy if i had the chance to do it all over again. plasmacam is the worst of them all.

I bought a PracticalCNC 4x8 and love it.As far as their customer service goes,I have had no problems and even made a few new friends that are always helpfull there.Give them a call and talk to Erin,Josh, or Wayne.Great bunch of guys that are always helpfull.Jeremy

Glad to hear that Fabcan, just ordered mine from them yesterday.