586,457 active members*
3,405 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile please give me a hand

one of my customer require:

**quote**
    minimum servo motor as dimensions, and power, but we need maximum circulation-period. dimension-power-circulation, used in textile machine.
    **unquote**

Please who can tell me what's the customer need, a normal dc servo motor, right?

Right, wrong, can't say. Basically, you have insufficient information to size ANY motor.

You need package dimensions, speed/rpm requirement, torque requirement, power specs (AC, DC, volts, amps, etc) for starters.

I suspect they're trying to resurrect some older piece of machinery that was purchased without documentation from goodness knows where and/or it is so old that service parts are no longer available or can't be bought for whatever reason.

In such cases, a replacement motor may have to be engineered to fit or adapted - looks to me like you are looking for a "bolt in" service item which may not be possible to come up with.

You probably won't be able to charge enough for a motor if you can come up with one to compensate you for the grief you'll get yourself into if you get too involved with the project....

More research is necessary if you are to have any hope of servicing your customer.

Claudia, Hi. Please let me know if you are looking for any machines.

Thanks

Dale

I think Claudia has left the building.

Another one hit wonder.....

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

I believe that "maximum circulation-period" means duty cycle. It does look like they don't care what motor they get, which probably isn't helpful from your viewpoint, since you'll have to drive it.