586,119 active members*
3,652 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 413 of 587 313363403411412413414415423463513
Results 8,241 to 8,260 of 11733

Yes you can...

Quote Originally Posted by br1 View Post
    Could I do this to a Poser or Bryce model?
    I remember these well... Bryce was the brainchild of Kai Krause... my fav graphics guru back in the day... I still love the Renders it knocks out.. they can be literally out of this world...

Poser is ideal for this type of thing.... I think you can output a posed fully-skinned static mesh as 3DS.. it's a program feature.. or it was in an earlier version.... I may be wrong, It has been a few years since I used either of the above... but I'm pretty sure that in my time I've used a poser skinned mesh in 3D Studio... At one time I was animating skinned characters with captured motion..

Even if you can't actually get a mesh OUT of an application... as long as it renders and has a 'materials' editor that lets you adjust things like diffuse colour, specular highlight , shininess and self-illumination then you should be able to render out similar images to those shown in the tutorial at my site... I'm thinking primarily of Bryce here... but I think it may also export.... should have a manual for bryce somewhere.......

I'll try to get a look at / use of poser and confirm the export options one way or the other.

TTFN

Danny
    What one man can do another man can do..
    BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

Thanks Danny.

Direct export.... as I thought.

Could I do this to a Poser or Bryce model?
    Good news... Poser has a direct export function that provides mesh output as

.3DS, .DXF, .OBJ, .VRML

there are also some other varients for high-end or motion orientated apps...

I thought I remembered this being the case. Once you start gettng into the more useful and serious 3D apps, then they all provide portable formats. To be honest they wouldn't last 5 minutes if they didn't... or someone would just patch a way round it.

This was one of the things that surprised me when I first started using dedicated CNC apps.... none of the developers seemed to care about users being able to transport work in open or 'portable' formats.. fortunately this has improved in recent years...

will see if I can dig up the info on bryce... but I'd think export will be there... I'd almost bet on it... almost...

hope this helps

Danny

EDIT:

Bryce does export as....

TrueSpace (.cob) Versions up to 4.0 are supported.
    VideoScape (.vsa) All versions are fully supported.
    VRML1 (.wrl)
    LightWave (.lws)
    USGS DEM (.dem) All forms of DEM files are supported.
    Portable Greyscale Map (.pgm)
    3D Studio® Objects (.3ds)
    AutoCad® (.dxf)
    Direct 3D (.x)
    Wavefront (.obj)
    WorldToolKit® (.nff)
    Metastream Files (.mts)

TTFN

Danny
    BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

Thanks for the research Danny. By the way, I am still, "Back in the day", and may never leave.

That makes at least two of us then...

Thanks for the research Danny. By the way, I am still, "Back in the day", and may never leave.
    Hi There,

back in the day is OK with me... lot's of times stuff I learned way back has pulled me out of the unmentionable !!

Also...

just thought I'd post some useful info for anyone who does actually want to use Blender for 3D to relief... as seen in the posted video etc...

This method has also been in development for quite a while.. since about 2008 I think.... Thats when I remember seeing the example image from the Wiki... a few people may remember it... I can't be the only person at the zone to have searched on 'Blender' and 'Relief'. Just hadn't realised it was the same thing.... adds use of tone-mapped shaping by the look of it... will check it out in GIMP...

Anyway.. you can download the 'composite node' patch or setup or whatever they call it at the URL below... it's always been a free download... think there's also a link to it at the main blender site.. might be worth a look..

Doc:2.4/Reference/Windows/Nodes/Composite Nodes - BlenderWiki

hope this helps

Danny

EDIT: Knew I'd seen this before... was out by about 6 months.. although I may have first caught wind of it in 2008

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...gYQ5tg&cad=rja

TTFN

Danny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Development-Compositing_Nodes-Bas-relief-node-example.jpg  

Woof Woof !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bays View Post
    Hey all.. Still trying to find a bull dog 3d fiile for shop-bot wood carving.

Looking for one that looks like posted pick.
    Hi Robert..

hopefully this is close enough....

was not 100% happy about one of the eyes... but a bit of a rub with 120Grade paper should re-shape it easy enough... and you said you need to have this done pretty quick... so I thought it best to get it online ASAP

Don't know what tools you have but at native size... 12mm endmill for roughing and 3mm ballnose for finish should have it done and dusted in about 1hr 40 mins... it will scale... but obviously you'll need to adjust tooling....

It it's OK.. and you cut it... please post a pic...

Hope it helps

Danny

http://cnc4free.org/dldP/BullDog.zip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bulldog.gif  

Danny,
    You were correct, Bryce does export and after a little fiddleing around I found you can actually take any photo, drawing ect. and use it. Actually there is several ways to do it. You can either take a model or a photo and create a render then use that drawing and use there height map generator, and export that into Blender as .3ds And you are correct one doesnt need a fancy program to do this. I got Bryce for free. Blender with a little effort and smoothing turned my height map render into a nice stl file, which I now need to find a program to cut with, I have freemill and it seems to work although I have not tried it yet. I have nothing to show because most of my drawings are naked ladies, done in Poser. But it does work, of course you all ready new that. I just need to learn now, how to make drawings from scratch instead of using models from poser, to incorporate in to my projects. How do you come up with your drawings? Do you just start drawing something or do you use a drawing already created for another source? Thanks again for the info.

Sources....

Danny,
    You were correct, Bryce does export and after a little fiddleing around I found you can actually take any photo, drawing ect. and use it..... one doesnt need a fancy program to do this.

I got Bryce for free. Blender turned my height map render into a nice stl file, which I now need to find a program to cut with, I have freemill and it seems to work although I have not tried it yet.

I have nothing to show because most of my drawings are naked ladies, done in Poser. But it does work, of course you all ready new that. I just need to learn now, how to make drawings from scratch.....

How do you come up with your drawings? Do you just start drawing something or do you use a drawing already created for another source? Thanks again for the info.
    Hi There,

great news that you are back making your own content and that the blender patch has you generating STL already !!!

Was this an easy install ??.. how much experience do you have with blender ?? Think thread readers would be intereseted etc.. so they can decide if they also want to give it a shot...

re: drawings... there was info in the paper reffed at the blender wiki that said drawings may well be do-able... the process effectively translates the mesh into a 'shaded drawing' based on the Z-buffer (i.e. the depth-map) and then it's subject to tone-mapping.. under the control of the algorithim... so by using a drawing you're sort of taking a shortcut... this is good to know...

re: sources... generally I look for 'found' images in the public domain.... when I find a good link to this kind of stuff I add it to the cnc4free.org links page.. a great place to start is dragoart... you can find drawings there for pretty much anything.. and the tips / info you need to draw your own version .... google image search is also always useful...

FreeMill will at least get you started with creating 3D code carving code for your .STL's. you need to have a bit of an idea in respect of tools to use and parameters etc.. but it's not hard after a couple of trial runs... you can always try downloading one of the .STLs from cnc4free.org.. and then run it through FreeMill using the parameters / tools listed in the table... you'll easily get the hang of it this way I think.. and is one of the reasons I put the table info on the download pages... you can generally go by the result of the FreeMill 'simulation'. It represents the cut surface quite well... cutting strategey is fixed (i.e X or Y raster) ... but if you want to cut at 45% across the surface.. it's pretty easy.. just rotate the mesh 45% before loading into FreeMill... this won't affect the tools or stepover etc..

Anyway.. as I said, great to hear you are back at the 3D (and 2D) based STL generation... will be taking a look at this blender thing myself... I'm intrigued by your mention of image-processing.. I've got to try it now !!

Hope this helps

Danny

how much experience do you have with blender ?? well I have played with it some, but really have no experience with it. And as for the patch you talked about I didn't install it, I just downloaded the latest stable relese and started pushing buttons.....really once I had my .3ds file created I was able to import it into blender, it came in right on top of the cube in the middle so once I figured out how to remove the cube (delete) my file was right there. The design was basically a block with my design on it I did not do anything to it at first but I noticed a smoothing button and pushed it as it was a little choppy. Not really what I expected but I'll work on that, I exported that as a stl file and opened it in freemill. The first try was a disaster but trying it again it appears to have worked, Now I have to figure out how to cut it. I have a machining background over 30 years, so I will figure it out.

Motivation... Determination.. spot on...

how much experience do you have with blender ?? .....

I exported that as a stl file and opened it in freemill. The first try was a disaster but trying it again it appears to have worked, Now I have to figure out how to cut it. I have a machining background over 30 years, so I will figure it out.
    Hi There,

Reason I asked is because I'm looking into compiling a version of blender with this patch embedded in t... apparently that's what's required.. so was just on the lookout for any tips if you had ever compiled your own blender build... I haven't yet... but I'll get it done.. I want to see the intermediary images the plugin creates.... The maths is all way over my head... but I can 'read' image processing...

also... Got to say much respect for your motivation and determination... I'm sure you'll be carving your own custom STL content.. for FREE.... in the very near future...

all the best

Danny

I just want to thank every one who posted files.
    Safe machining

thanks for the Eagle it looks like fun to build
    Safe machining

Thank Bob

HI Bob,

Thank you I was able to make this work...

Thank YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobsch View Post
    Try these. Hope they work for you.

any Gamecocks dxf's out there for plasma?

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gamecocks.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by kbenz View Post
    any Gamecocks dxf's out there for plasma?

thanks
    Here you are
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gamecock.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC 6040 Router Engraver
    Mack 3

Quote Originally Posted by space67 View Post
    Here you are
    that's great, thank you :banana:

Lighthouse 3D

Hello,

does someone have a drawing of a 3D Lighthouse puzzle?

Thanks,

Klaus

Bas-relief from 3d model

You make it seem so easy, thanks for the quick version. I realize this could be very handy. I take it you can save as stl right out of Bender? I tried Blender once and got so confused as there were too many windows to be opened (for myself). Forgot about it and I never looked back, but now it interests me again and I can see it could be very handy. I have a ton of Bryce and Poser models that I would like to do this too, is that a possibility? Could I do this to a Poser or Bryce model?
    Of course yes! Need to export them in *.obj format!

does anyone have a dxf of the scotland flag lion or a good clean pic that i could convert?
    thanks
    mark

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeechief79 View Post
    does anyone have a dxf of the scotland flag lion or a good clean pic that i could convert?
    thanks
    mark
    Hi Mark,

There is no lion on the Scottish Flag?
    This is the Flag of Scotland.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scotflag.jpg  

Page 413 of 587 313363403411412413414415423463513