586,061 active members*
4,660 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 51 of 587 41495051525361101151551
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 11733
    That LOGO is not the best, it's edges are all "scratchie" and there are lots of holes (white Pixels), If you can print it off in B&W and using a Black marker pen draw in the outlines. Then scan it in to the computer, this is often the quickest and simplist.
    I opended the image in Paint replaced the Blue background with White relaced the Grey (nearly Black) image with Black, Saved the file. Imported it into MasterCAm, and saved....

This is the result
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's my shot at it. Took maybe five minutes. Wouldn't have taken that long but I haven't used the program that much yet. VCarvePro 4.5. Check it out. The demo will let you do this, just not save it. You can do a lot more with it. I just didn't take the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SKHead.jpg  

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nash View Post
    Here's my shot at it. Took maybe five minutes. Wouldn't have taken that long but I haven't used the program that much yet. VCarvePro 4.5. Check it out. The demo will let you do this, just not save it. You can do a lot more with it. I just didn't take the time.

Did you trace it, or was it a direct conversion? I would still like to know how peeps do the inkscape thing. I tried that website which converted a raster to a vector file and it worked pretty well.

Converting a raster to a DXF is the big challenge to me right now. If I could do a fair direct conversion, I can go into autocad and repair the file (sometimes). I HAVE seen that a good clean file going in will give a much better output. Is there a website which will convert to DXF for you?

You have both used CAM software to do this. Is Autocad more cumbersome? Better? Worse?

Now that I have hijacked this thread with my project, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

V-Carve Pro (which Mike used) traces automatically, and accurately and quickly. You probably won't find anything that works better. If you need to do a lot of raster to vector conversions, you should look into it. The fact that it's also a full featured 2.5D CAM package (with drawing tools) and a V-Carve package make it a must have.

I've also traced a few things in AutoCAD. Is it more cumbersome. No more than any other way of hand tracing, but that depends on what your tracing and your AutoCAD skill level.

As for inkscape, the last time I played around with it, the .dxf export did not work very well.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by davek View Post
    Converting a raster to a DXF is the big challenge to me right now.
    I find that a lot of times you can't compare any auto-trace program to manually tracing it. I find the best way is to trace from the end of each curve with a straight line, then go back over it and convert all the necessary lines to curves, positioning them as required. But I'm by no means expert at tracing... I'm probably not even good. Anyway, V-Carve really does have a great tracing feature in it now. www.vectric.com The auto-trace in CorelX3 is pretty good too. I often don't even bother spending time trying to auto-trace, and then having to come back in frustration and manually trace it anyway. As mentioned, doing it the 'old fashioned' way with a printout, some tracing paper, and a black felt tip marker, then scanning it in, often works wonders. Although sometimes this produces extra unwanted lines.....

I'd love to see a pic of one of the finished keychains....

I did indeed use the auto trace. It took two passes. The first gave me the head outline. Changing the contrast slider then gave me the inner details. I deleted a few anomalies and then moved nodes to keep the two traces from crossing one another. I probably spent as much time trying to compose my last post as I did in VCarve Pro.

I almost hate to suggest this, but you could use the demo to get the traces, clean them up, then hit the "Print Screen" key and paste them into Paint or whatever. Now you should have an easier time getting good input for whatever program you use to get a DXF or G-Code. But if you buy the program you can then go straight to gcode ultra easily.

I am looking for a dxf of a football helmet it look like a 3d drawing,,,I think it was a stealers helmet...i had it but cant find it...i thought I got it here but I dont see it
    Does any one have any thing on the chicago bears also
    Thanks,
    Jim

I am new to this I just finished building my machine. Can anyone tell me how to resize an image in Mach2 I used some of the images posted and all the spindle does is move a fraction and go up and down
    Thanks
    Mike

drowning::drowning:how to resize .dxf files in mach2
    mike

2D

Quote Originally Posted by jfc11 View Post
    I am looking for a dxf of a football helmet it look like a 3d drawing,,,
    Would a 2D be suitable?

Hey guys,

I have alll kinds of files or parts and projects. DXF, DWG, STEP files, G-code, Etc. Spindles, bearings, 8020 profiles etc. Too many to list but if anyone is needing a particular one, just let me know and I'll try and find it. Just contact me here or at www.cncroutersource.com. Good luck to you all!!!

Regards
    Brian
    WWW.CNCRouterSource.com

Quote Originally Posted by Weldtutor View Post

Would a 2D be suitable?

Yes it would...
    Thanks,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mvolo View Post
    drowning::drowning:how to resize .dxf files in mach2
    mike
    have a look under the tab marker Program Run (ALT+1) and to the right of each of the X ,Y and Z axis co-ordinates display is a area titled SCALE .... +1.000

If you need the DXF 50% smaller set X and Y to +0.5 this will keep the cutting depth at full size but if this also needs shrinking sellect +0.5 as well

best way to work out shrinkage is measure the current size ie 230mm, Determine what size you want ie 13mm and devide 13/230 = 0.056 (this becomes your scaleing factor)

now set each axis to 0.056 and your new cutting file is only 113mm big or is that small???

Arrow Helmet DXF

Maybe gain some yards with this?

Looking for Semi Truck

Don't suppose anyone has a simple Semi-Tractor-Trailer truck they could share?

Thanks,
    BobL.

Hello,
    Can any one recommend a machine for cutting a kite? I have a CNC post proceser:
    http://www.partenovcfd.com

Red face Rudolph

Make your sleigh fly!:banana:

I am new to the forum and am interested in getting a jump start to do plasma metal art. I have SheetCam, Mach 3, and Corel 13. I teach high school and am a real newbie to this, but was lucky enough to talk my school into buying a new table. We have done some simple AutoCad DXF parts, but the kids would like to do some more complex art, of course. I bought a sign torch art disk, and have been fooling around with merging art files in Corel, but have yet to get one to run. Does anyone have any suggestions for tutorials that could get us started? This is going to be one of the best things for our metals program yet, I am sure! I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Semi

Here are a few I have...Hope this helps
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by kdhayward View Post
    I am new to the forum and am interested in getting a jump start to do plasma metal art. I have SheetCam, Mach 3, and Corel 13. I teach high school and am a real newbie to this, but was lucky enough to talk my school into buying a new table. We have done some simple AutoCad DXF parts, but the kids would like to do some more complex art, of course. I bought a sign torch art disk, and have been fooling around with merging art files in Corel, but have yet to get one to run. Does anyone have any suggestions for tutorials that could get us started? This is going to be one of the best things for our metals program yet, I am sure! I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
    You might want to look into getting the DXF Tools Corel plugin.
    http://www.candcnc.com/DXFToolDetails.htm
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Page 51 of 587 41495051525361101151551