586,076 active members*
3,799 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 231 of 587 131181221229230231232233241281331
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 11733
    That should work.
    Thanks

inkscape/python/vista-64/R12_Dxf

Switcher/Anyone, I have a vista64 and followed your video and tutorial, all installed fine(ensured the 4 files were infact in the correct directory, not a sub dir), but when I try to SaveAs, the python black cmd box comes up and stays as if it fails or never starts. So I never get the .dxf file. I have reinstalled inkscape 0.46 three times as well as your Inkscape_R12_Dxf.zip file. Any suggestions? Can my converted .bmp file be too complex, ie too many nodes? If I use explorer to drill down to the python.exe and double click it, I will get an error that says it can't find python25.dll, so maybe I can't execute it this way, or vista64 doesn't like this dll?

I found this dll, copied it to several locations, including right next to python.exe, I can now run python.exe from the command line, but still can not create a .dxf yet

I found that in inkscape I can export as an .emf file, import it into hycad then export a dxf from there.

pdarling,

An easy way to find out If your Inkscape files are all setup correct, is to draw a simple square (4 - Nodes), then try & export that as a dxf from Inkscape.

That will at the very least tell you If everything is setup correct.

I run XP, but others have posted that they ran Vista with no problems, so it should work for you.

The issue with to many Nodes is a drawback for Inkscape, the problem is when python trys to parse the bezier curves in the drawing path, it hangs Inkscape.

One suggestion is Save your file, & Save often, as a Inkscape-SVG file, that way If the program does crash, you won't have to start all over.

The Inkscape Nodes have always worked good for me, with less than 1,500 Nodes, I think it will max out at around 2,000 Nodes as far as the dxf export goes. Again the dxf/Node problem revolves around files with a large amount of bezier curves.
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Thanx again Switcher for all you have done in this field to help us. Yep, you were correct with your recommendation, I had too many nodes. I created some simpler designs and everything worked as promised with my vista64. The only issue I had was a missing python dll that I dropped in next to the executable. Everything worked after that, as long as I didn't use too complex of a starting image. Thank you once again.

Your welcome.

If you have a cad/cam program that will work with .eps files that might be another option, since Inkscape will export an .eps?
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Running Horses Custom Oval Gate Insert!

visit http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=752 to receive 19 more of these custom designed oval gate inserts for only a small donation! It's for a good cause. Enjoy the file.

Sincerely,
    Jason Henry
    Cascade Metal Designs
    www.customdxffiles.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oval Insert 16.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

InkScape .DXF Plugin issues

Quote Originally Posted by pdarling View Post
    Switcher/Anyone, .......when I try to SaveAs, the python black cmd box comes up and stays as if it fails or never starts. ......I can now run python.exe from the command line, but still can not create a .dxf yet

I found that in inkscape I can export as an .emf file, import it into hycad then export a dxf from there.

Hi there,

Sounds like you are having exactly the kind of problems I mentioned in the post linked below...

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...postcount=4601

This is one of the main reasons I don't use InkScape for vectorization that much. It has great tools.. but is restricted to relatively un-challenging content due to the 'too many nodes' problem.

If you have HyCAD then you really should try the vectorization tools it provides. File, Vectorize will open the interface.

Hope this helps

Danny
    What one man can do another man can do..
    BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    Snip...Somewhere in this is IIRC, mention of a paint mask paper available in roll form. I went to the website and decided I would buy some as my current project progressed. Unfortunately I didn't bookmark the site and a search here is a daunting task considering that this thread alone is over 384 pages with 4600+ posts.

Does anyone have the link for this site?
    Never mind, I found it in this thread:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...t=39271&page=2

It's from Beacon Graphics and it cost me $38.80 with shipping/handling.
    Now if I can get the impeller that I ordered last week for my dust collector on a brown truck I'd be happy.

Thanks,
    Fatboy

Steel eagle pics

Quote Originally Posted by jimini View Post
    I didn't send a picture of the Eagle, sorry about that.
    Here's one incase you build it.
    Here are some pics of this same eagle made of steel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eagle3.jpg   eaqle1.jpg   eagle2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by jerlas View Post
    Here are some pics of this same eagle made of steel
    What gauge steel did you use? I had built the trex some time ago and used 10 gauge for him.

Looks nice!
    steelandcopper.blogspot.com
    wakingbearstudio.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by rpage View Post
    What gauge steel did you use? I had built the trex some time ago and used 10 gauge for him.

Looks nice!
    I made it out of 16 gauge steel The dxf I have needs some work as I had to force some of the parts together but it turned out all right in the end. If your interested I could upload the DXF for someone but I have to warn you it might have to have some modification made to it.

Models

Does anyone have any solidmodels that they can share . I
    have been looking and can't find much anyware .I would like
    to practice up on some 3D maching .

Thanks

25+ models online every month at cnc4free.org

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin44 View Post
    Does anyone have any solidmodels that they can share . I
    have been looking and can't find much anyware .I would like
    to practice up on some 3D maching .

Thanks
    Hi there,

try http://cnc4free.org... 25 new 3D meshes every month.. via the download button. Also.. there are some meshes from other sources linked in the Share your 3D files parts or art thread at the link below..

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83378

hope this helps

Danny
    What one man can do another man can do..
    BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

COAST GUARD INSIGNIA

Hello the group. I have not posted in about a year. I need some help. Can someone please convert this Coast Guard insignia to DXF for me. I have been beating my head against the wall with PaintShop Pro. I can't get Autocad to recognize the .wmf file that I make.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COAST GUARD INSIGNIA.GIF  

Hello the group. I have not posted in about a year. I need some help. Can someone please convert this Coast Guard insignia to DXF for me. I have been beating my head against the wall with PaintShop Pro. I can't get Autocad to recognize the .wmf file that I make.

I found a similar image, will this work?

(dxf attached)
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Coast Guard Insignia

Switcher you are the man!! Thank you so much. I have a grand-daughter that has her husband in the Coast Guard...career man. Well she wants a shelf thing with the Coast Guard Insignia on each end and their last name between them. They will be cut out and stood up and fastened to a pretty red oak board. The challenge will be how to fasten them on so it won't be so fragile. The letters of the name will also be a challenge to mount.

Thanks again,
    Jerry

Smile a new dxf

hi all,
    have been working on a new dxf file. i found a old plate done by my aunt back in 94 and it had this angel on it. the original pattern was created by donna farley back in 1993. so i took the plate for inspiration and ink scape and i created this.

ps. thanks switcher your help and support it is helping me to impove!
    would some one care to cut this angle out and post some pictures of how it turned out
    thanks
    ghostlx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails candle angle.jpg  
    http://www.pure-teck.com/home.html

Jerry Dots,

Happy to help.
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

ghostlx,

Very clean looking project!
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Christmas