586,119 active members*
3,557 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 335 of 587 235285325333334335336337345385435
Results 6,681 to 6,700 of 11733

help

looking for idea's, my daughter wants me to make her teacher a present using the laser. I made a spinner with our pcm logo on it for the teacher last year, but don't really want to make the same thing. anyone have any ideas?

dxf

looking for an apple and books in a dxf format

Arrow Book

Quote Originally Posted by ryke View Post
    book in a dxf format
    A thin little book.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by quazga View Post
    I was thinking of doing the conversion for you as Geoszerda and Switcher have done being that I do have the software, however, I refrained from doing that based on the DXF file format. I've had so many problems with DXF file format over the years that the first thing I thought was, nah, they'll just run into problems loading a DXF into there CAM software.

On the other hand, SOME types of CAM software are very good at handling numerous types of DXF formats and configurations. Nevertheless, I tend to shy away when it comes to doing anything in DXF format. =)
    quazga,

I must respectfully disagree with your opinion of the dxf format. I believe for 2D CAD, dxf should always be used. It is the industry standard. I have used (to varying degrees) 7 different CAM packages over the years and the only file format that all would read is dxf.

You mentioned that some CAM packages have trouble reading some dxf files. There’s two ways of looking at this. Is the CAM package “bad”? Or should the person who created the dxf have saved it in a version that the CAM software could read?

I’ve found that saving dxf’s in the R2000 version causes no problems. To be even safer, saving as dxf R14 would be even better. Unless the recipient is using some seriously old software!

What I do is set up my CAD software to default save to R2000 dxf. I don’t know if ALL CAD packages let you set a default save type. I assume all the better ones do. I’ve used AutoCAD and now DraftSight. (BTW…Everyone should check out DraftSight. It’s an ACAD clone and completely free. Dassault makes it…the same people who make SolidWorks. And, no. I don’t work for them. I just love free!:banana

This is getting long…Ha-ha! I hope I didn’t come across as argumentative. Everything above is just my windy opinion from years of dealing with CAD/CAM. IMHO, the dxf format (properly saved) is the 2D king. :cheers:
    - Schmidty

File types

I agree with you DXF is the better format to use for uploads to forums where everybody uses different software. I save in R14 as it can be opened by the majority of the software out here. For 3D files I think that most can use STL files, and that what I upload and store them in.
    Just my 2 cents, for what it’s worth. :cheers:

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by quazga View Post
    I was thinking of doing the conversion for you as Geoszerda and Switcher have done being that I do have the software, however, I refrained from doing that based on the DXF file format. I've had so many problems with DXF file format over the years that the first thing I thought was, nah, they'll just run into problems loading a DXF into there CAM software.

On the other hand, SOME types of CAM software are very good at handling numerous types of DXF formats and configurations. Nevertheless, I tend to shy away when it comes to doing anything in DXF format. =)

I've done a lot of testing with the DXF file format over the years.

You can almost cover everyone's CAD software with the DXF R12 version.

It's very rare that I find anyone that can't run the R12 version.
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

UURGENT - need ford mustang file

hello out there,

want to cut a christmas present for my nephew. Because he likes the Ford Mustang very much I need a file to cut it. I hope that somebody can help me!
    thanks in advance and greets from Germany,

Rainer

Quote Originally Posted by fritzi24 View Post
    hello out there,

want to cut a christmas present for my nephew. Because he likes the Ford Mustang very much I need a file to cut it. I hope that somebody can help me!
    thanks in advance and greets from Germany,

Rainer
    Ford Mustang
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mustang..jpg  

thanks for the file tpsega, but I want to cut the car not the logo.

Here one, hope it works for you.

2 standard Format for Industry

I believe they are DXF and DSTV. now a day people like myself prefer DSTV. i work in a steel industry and all the CNC machine they use DSTV, DXF is a option now. because of the new Layout that New machine have. dxf sometime have hard time correspond to it.

Trout.

router
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Here is a duck hunter and his dog if someone would like to try to cut it. This is a first attempt at raster to vector for me with an assist to convert to dxf by Switcher (Thanks Switcher :cheers: )

If you cut the file (test on scrap first), Id appreciate a look at the finished product.

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Teknition View Post
    Here is a duck hunter and his dog if someone would like to try to cut it. This is a first attempt at raster to vector for me with an assist to convert to dxf by Switcher (Thanks Switcher :cheers: )

If you cut the file (test on scrap first), Id appreciate a look at the finished product.

Brad

That's a nice looking plasma file, good job!

I just sent you another email. :cheers:
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Smile DXF

Thanks for your opinions on DXF format. True true, I see what you're saying here. I too have been into it for a while. I've been doing computer graphics since before computer graphics started to evolve, back when the only computer graphics were just plain old ASCII text. The problem with the DXF format is that Autodesk kept the details of the DXF format secret for many years, and as a consequence, other software developers had problems implementing the format into their applications. And though it is true that the details of the format are no longer kept secret and numerous software applications can effectively use this format nowadays, that still leaves the older softer, and in some rarer instances fairly newer software, that never worked well with the format.

People still use older CAM software just like they still use DOS and TurboCNC for example, so this is a situation that one can run into. A situation where, lets say you spend time creating a graphic for someone and send it to them in the DXF format and they respond by telling you that it didn't work. You then need to go into a technical support mode and find out why it didn't work. And chances are it's going to be because they are using ancient software. So then you end up having to insult them by telling them to get with the times and use updated software. And so on. You see, that's why I don't get involved with DXF format, any other format yes, DXF format, no. =)

Thanks to all!

Just spent 2 months reading this thread from the beginning and I wanted to thank everyone who contributed. I have learned so much form the posts here. Now I'm off to learn about to learn about the software and I hope to be able to contribute soon.

Thanks again to all and have a wonderful holiday!

Scott:wave:

urgent-metal table drawings

hi out there
    I want to cut a metal table to a laser machine.Is it possible to sent me someone drawings(dxf).thank you in advance:drowning:

Merry Christmas

Just wanted to take a moment to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Successful New Year. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    Just wanted to take a moment to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Successful New Year. :-)
    Same here, Merry Christmas everyone. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	santa1.gif 
Views:	1410 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	122090
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Page 335 of 587 235285325333334335336337345385435