586,103 active members*
3,828 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Conect (boxford) CNC software

Hi,

I have just brought a Boxford 240TCL CNC lathe. the machine has been updated in 1997 by "Conect Numerical Controls" who dont seem to be in business anymore. The sofware seems to be version V2.02. Does anyone have a copy of the PC software needed to run this machine? Or information on where I can get the software from.

Thanks

Mike

your machine will read eia format most likely. post a sample of your code so we can see it or go on line and do a search for eia format g and m code you will find a lot of info

Conect CNC

Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion, but its not the the lack of G code or post processor thats the problem. I do Not have the Software to run on a PC to comunicate with the machine, it is this that I am after.

Thank you

Mike

well if you can't find that one software there are many can work for you but for free that will be the catch best of luck to you and "MAY THE CUTTER FORCES BE WITH YOU"

240tcl

Quote Originally Posted by mfrank7143
    Hi,

I have just brought a Boxford 240TCL CNC lathe. the machine has been updated in 1997 by "Conect Numerical Controls" who dont seem to be in business anymore. The sofware seems to be version V2.02. Does anyone have a copy of the PC software needed to run this machine? Or information on where I can get the software from.

Thanks

Mike
    Hello all, I have just joined the group - looks a great idea!
    I have recently aquired a Boxford 240TCL and wondered if there are any other owners/users with these machines out there?

Smile 240tcl

Apologies all, I meant to sign myself off formally, only I just noticed the names of contributors to this thread and some confusion may reign!

Thanks

Mike M (a different one!)

ooooh to many Mikes !!!!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by hampolemike View Post
    Hello all, I have just joined the group - looks a great idea!
    I have recently aquired a Boxford 240TCL and wondered if there are any other owners/users with these machines out there?
    Hi, i`m replying to your 2007 thread, re the Boxford 240TCL. i have just picked one up from the local school. But the PC that came with it is not working. So did you get any luck with getting software for the lathe, Any help from anyone i will be greatfull for.

The lathe works completely on manual so it would be a pity to strip everything out and convert to modern controles although this may be the best in the long run.

Best wishes to everyone with these machines,

Reg

[QUOTE=mfrank7143;152145]Hi,

Thanks

Hi: I have the control software for this Mill (I think). It's a DOS based program. I'll be happy to email you a copy if you let me have your email address.

Boxford 240TCl

Hi, great i appreciate your offer. My e-mail [email protected]

You would not by any chance have a wiring diagram, i cant get one anywhere.

Thanks, best wishes

help with sofware boxbord cnc machine

Quote Originally Posted by mfrank7143 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks

Mike
    can someone help me, I have a machine boxford 300 vcm, on the back of the machine has this info VMV-500B. the software is corrupted!!

my email is [email protected]
    thanks