586,082 active members*
3,807 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

could motion card be the problem

I have a LG-6040 G-WEIKE runs the laser cut 5.3 has MPC6515 motion controller everything worked good until this week it will read files sent the engrave ones will be engraved with a shadow and the cut ones ( the laser ) will just make the outline also the Y-axis motion seems to work ok the X-axis seems to fast and makes a quit stop motion then when the job is finished then Reset the homing motion way to fast with a SLAM need info Please thank you

Unfortunately the card being of Chinese origin, support may be limited?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Al thank you for info So could I turn this into a DIY machine

In my experience, there are many bugs in the 5.3 software.

One of the bugs causes the syscfg.ini file to save the incorrect values. Once this file has the incorrect values, then all the jobs that you download from your PC to the machine will inherit this problem and the machine will not work properly.

The steps needed to remedy this problem (and it is unclear if this is the problem of your machine)
    1. On the control panel, or from your PC screen, delete all saved jobs.
    2. On your PC, exit the program named Lasercut 5.3
    3. On your PC rename your syscfg.ini file to backup, or something like syscfg.bk1. This file is typically located in the default named directory (folder) of lasercut53
    4. Copy from your original CD the file named syscfg.ini and save in the same directory as your syscfg.ini
    5. Start the program Lasercut 5.3
    6. From your download screen, download the configuration file (Your machine should beep once after it is successfully downloaded).
    7. On your PC, create a new design like an oval from the oval tool. (DO NOT USE A PREVIOUS FILE SAVED IN THE LASERCUT 5.3 FORMAT) Choose the proper parameters to laser engrave it or cut it.
    8. Download the file
    9. Test your motion (such as the homing and slamming issue)
    10. If the homing and slamming issue is remedied then this was the problem.

Regarding the engraving shadow and outline cut, it sounds like your laser beam may be reflecting off the inside of the nozzle. You can unscrew the nozzle and engrave to see if the shadow is gone, or the cut outline is gone. If so, then perform a beam alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Unfortunately the card being of Chinese origin, support may be limited?
    Al.
    Hi Al,

In my experience, direct Chinese support is better when you give them a photo and show them what is going on. The MPC6515 is by far the most commonly sold and supported Chinese control system for the laser engraver and laser cutting market. There are a few newer players coming out in the last few years with lowing prices driving the laser machine assembly houses to them, but they do not have anywhere near the marketshare that this control system has. As a result, there is a lot of helpful information for the guys with issues on this system. Further, for people with older control systems, like the 5.0, they can be upgraded and get the benefit of running with Windows 7 or whatever the newest operating system is from Microsoft.

Support can be provided by the laser machine assembly houses that act as middlemen to shuttle the support message direct to the programmer and back to the customer. I met the programmer in China and they have improved the product a lot over the years, but it still has bugs. Their staff has grown, and they have regional guys to support the laser machinery assembly houses. But, overall, the Chinese market accepts bugs and accepts lower quality as a standard. As a result, the USA with its higher quality requirements must come down to the level of quality provided by this Chinese product in order to use it. In any case, I find no shortage of support for this product from the sellers of it. I do find no shortage of bugs when using it.

The main complement I hear about it is its simplicity. One of my first Chinese laser customers in 2006 said that their router took them six months to learn and the laser about a week. In this case, they bought the lowest price product in each category.