586,067 active members*
5,325 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Sources for USED Hardinge T42 (12-station turret) SG-type Tooling

Sources for USED Hardinge T42 (12-station turret) SG-type Tooling

I'm really fond of Hardinge lathes, but I'm finding the choice of buying a locally available Hardinge T42 extremely difficult because I can't seem to find tool holders for this machine. I've tried looking on eBay, obviously, through surplus machinery vendors, and even for aftermarket (non-Hardinge) tooling. The market seems to be bone dry.

I have used eBay to buy a load of tooling for my CHNC1, and turning to fellow CNCZoners and Hardinge only when something can't be sourced elsewhere. But for T42 tooling (again, 12-position), I'm incredibly surprised that there is nothing (nada, zilch, nul) in the way of SG type toolholders. Live tooling seems plentiful enough, which is actually contrary to what I'd expect, but still.

Does anyone know a place other than ebay or Hardinge to acquire SG-type static toolholders for the Conquest T42 with 12-station turret?

Torin...
    --
    www.walker-tech.com

Those type of holders are going to be tough to find any used surplus. I wouldn't get rid of any of mine, even if I had extras...you can never have enough (sort of) if you know what I mean...Ebay, or Hardinge or you may do a search for some surlus equipment dealers.
    Good luck!