586,378 active members*
2,576 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > HELP! SL1 CRT memory collating error 6782????

HELP! SL1 CRT memory collating error 6782????

Hi, I just started getting this error. The machine stops and screen goes blank except for the message "CRT MEMORY COLLATING ERROR 6782". I can't do anything but shut down the machine and reboot. It began as a rare thing a few weeks ago. I would just turn off, turn back on and keep going the rest of the day. Today it got much worse to the point i could barely run the machine for 5 minutes before it'd lock up.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: HELP! SL1 CRT memory collating error 6782????

i guess just bumping this up. Never fixed the problem. stopped using the machine for a few months. Back on it and error came right back. Any help would be appreciated.

How old is this machine and which control? If it is like 20+ years old, it needs to have at least its power supply rebuilt. Memory errors sometimes point to a unstable power supply.

it's from the early 80's and has a yasnac control. I'm pretty new to machine repair and maintenance, are there companies out there that repair the power supplies? is it a take out and ship kinda thing?

I repair and rebuild them. Check which model of power supply you have in the control rack, e.g. CPSxxx and PM me. If you are not sure send me pics here: ej25awd @ gmail.com. Remove the extra spaces

CPS-15 by what i can tell.

OK. Now I know which control you have.

The error display you are getting points to a corrupt ROM according to the Yaskawa maintenance manual. Could be true but I doubt it. Your machine is over 30 years old. I would check the power supply first.

A word of caution: You can do the initial check of the power supply by following the instructions below if you are handy with electronics, aware of the presence of lethal voltages inside these machines and know how to take precautions, etc.

Grab a digital voltmeter (DVM), set it to measure AC voltage, if you don't have the auto-ranging type set it to 200mV or 2V. On the bottom right of your CPS-15 is a terminal strip with 2 connections, this is for the +5V supply that powers up the logic/memory circuits of your machine. Connect the 2 probes of your DVM to these 2 connection, polarity doesn't matter since you are measuring AC voltage. What you are trying to figure out with this exercise is the amount of AC ripple present on your power supply, the lower the better, i.e. ~50mV or less.

First of all thanks so much for the help.

Here's a pic of which connectors i think you're talking about. I just wanted to make sure before i test to make sure i don't screw something else up.

So connect the voltmeter to them and check to make sure it's fluctuating less than 50mV?
    Quote Originally Posted by cnzrepair View Post
    OK. Now I know which control you have.

The error display you are getting points to a corrupt ROM according to the Yaskawa maintenance manual. Could be true but I doubt it. Your machine is over 30 years old. I would check the power supply first.

A word of caution: You can do the initial check of the power supply by following the instructions below if you are handy with electronics, aware of the presence of lethal voltages inside these machines and know how to take precautions, etc.

Grab a digital voltmeter (DVM), set it to measure AC voltage, if you don't have the auto-ranging type set it to 200mV or 2V. On the bottom right of your CPS-15 is a terminal strip with 2 connections, this is for the +5V supply that powers up the logic/memory circuits of your machine. Connect the 2 probes of your DVM to these 2 connection, polarity doesn't matter since you are measuring AC voltage. What you are trying to figure out with this exercise is the amount of AC ripple present on your power supply, the lower the better, i.e. ~50mV or less.

Yes, those are the ones I'm talking about. 50mV is not a hard number, you need to see a reading that is reasonably less close to 0V.

I'm just curious but on your picture, there's a more modern power supply strapped to the top. Where does it go?

Hi guys, I am having the same exact problem as icentropy, it began once a day but now is every 10 minutes or less, imposible to work that way!!!

Did you solve it with the power supply repair? Was tis something else?

Thank you very much for your help.

It's the power supply. Once it goes unstable everything will be unstable.

Thank you very much cnzrepair, we will replace all the filters and test it.

You're welcome but please do update us on the results and what you've done to fix it.

Cheers!