I have bc V24. (24.01821760)
I have been using it for about 2 years now. I have issues with it locking or crashing on many occasions.
If you ask it to fillet a solid and the math isn't there it crashes. So if you have a 1 inch cube and you ask it to fillet an edge all the way around the top perimeter and the fillet call out isn't possible it crashes....sometimes

When skinning a frame with if you get the order wrong choosing the edges it crashes, all the time

If you offset a skin and the geometry isn't perfect it may crash...or not

Sometimes when simply opening a file....it crashes or freezes. not often but often enough to be a real pain.

You can't preview a file from file manager either..it just looks scrambled...

When you post and save to a thumb drive it crashes..every time..unless you save to the hard drive first...then to your thumb drive...

Another fun thing it does if you make roughing passes at around .150" or more it may simply skip a few steps...In other words if it takes 4 passes to rough it will simply skip one and the next cut will be .300" deep....I make skateboard/longboard molds. I can easily cut .200" at 5/600 ipm. But I can't since once in a while it will skip a step and .400" at 500 ipm doesn't make for accurate cutting...So I'm stuck at .120ish depth of cut for roughing.

If you use the program a lot more weird stuff happens...like the "quick trim", becomes useless and you can't select an entity...more things start to degrade. Most of the time I figure I'm doing something wrong....but then I reboot and it works...for a while.

Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone have a reasonably price alternative??

I figured I just didn't now how to use the program...or so I'm told by BC support....so any help would be great.
I'm reluctant to reinstall being I may lose the program for good. BC support isn't helpful and I can see them trying to make me pay for any info I need to fix or reinstall it.

Honestly it hasn't ever worked right. It took the first 90 days of owning it before I could even draw a single line with it. They had to change versions/builds for me and give me an extra 90 days free tech support because it didn't work at all through the first 90 days. They said they I should just set up an auto save function so when it crashes my info has been saved.

I have a 5x10 router which I got up an running thanks to the cnczone people. I use it almost daily. The biggest struggle now is bobcad. I went to finish a drawing yesterday and its crashed so many times I had to give up. This is a paying job I had to quit on account of BC. I think it may be time to give up on BC and buy something else??? Its my first real stab at CAD/CAM and I really figured it was me. However I have had a chance to briefly use mastercam and autodesk.....Hmmmmmm I couldn't make them crash if you paid me. Food for thought. I just can't afford them and I sorta figured BC should work within reason. Now its the weakest link in the system and adds so much extra time and frustration I'm not sure what to do....

PLEASE HELP!