Hey VPL,
You came to the right place with your problems,just sounds like you should of came a lot sooner.I started with V23 4 years ago.I had no clue what cad/cam was or how to use a cnc mill.I had a pretty extensive machining background though.I had nobody to help me but me and the forums.I read what you are having problems with and I could of easily added 3x more to the list of problems the first couple years.I use to cuss this damn software at the top of my lungs,no kidding.I am here to tell you,this stuff ain't easy all the time.LEARNING CURVE.
To not repeat what Trotline has already said,I agree %100 of what he said.I can tell you I now use V25 and it is better,for sure,,,BUT,I still use v23 more of the time for a variety of reasons that suit my personal likings.That said,,I can honestly say,I use it flawlessly(meaning no crashes or major mistakes) %99 of the time.I will admit I do not do complicated cad drawings of solids,,so there is my weak spot.But all in all,,if I was to sum it up of how BoB works,,I would say,,yes it has quirks/work-arounds needed here and there,,,,But as far as the problems on the list go,I might have a couple now and then.In other words,,they have have gone away,,or in reality,,I learned how to use BoB,in an efficient manner.
There is a wealth of info out there on BoB,you just got to know where to look.For that reason I put together a thread with just that.Trotline is correct that Sorin took his site down.But there is still a wealth of knowledge here http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bobcad...formation.html
If your thread is here for just a way to "vent",,I won't waste your or my time,,,I have seen them before.If you are on here to get this stuff sorted,,I am sure everybody here can,,as all of your questions are not unique,and have been asked and answered before.A couple of suggestions if help is what you seek.Make sure you are on the latest build,,,go here Software Archive | BobCAD-CAM
Make sure Windows is up to date.Make sure your computer and graphics card are good enough to run the software.This is all very important.
After that,if you will post each question on a new thread,include pics and more importantly,a sample .bbcd file of the problem,I think we can get most of your problems sorted in short amount of time.I really believe this.These forums are an indispensable tool to have,,and they are Free.There are some smart people on here for sure,