586,635 active members*
3,282 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile Laser cuttin/engravin machine under €2,000

Hi I am looking to buy a laser cutting machine to cut wood veneers for marquetry projects and build small models with plastics/wood.

I have been lookign at one on Amazon but can't see to get any reviews of it. Sanven 50W Co2 Laser Engraving Cutting Machine Laser Engraver With Auxiliary Potary Device Up & Down Platform Duty Free: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Anyone have any experience of this model?

Basically I'm willing to spend around €2,000 - I'm fairly tech savy and do a lot of graphic design at work. The machine would first be used as a hobby but with the ambition of doing some small business on the side with engraving/cutting.

This is the type of item I would be hoping to cut with it at first: https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/1623...shop_home_feat

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

would you like to see our machines? I will send a PM to you

Any others feel free to contact me [email protected]

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by rowangall2003 View Post
    Hi I am looking to buy a laser cutting machine to cut wood veneers for marquetry projects and build small models with plastics/wood.

I have been lookign at one on Amazon but can't see to get any reviews of it. Sanven 50W Co2 Laser Engraving Cutting Machine Laser Engraver With Auxiliary Potary Device Up & Down Platform Duty Free: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Anyone have any experience of this model?

Basically I'm willing to spend around €2,000 - I'm fairly tech savy and do a lot of graphic design at work. The machine would first be used as a hobby but with the ambition of doing some small business on the side with engraving/cutting.

This is the type of item I would be hoping to cut with it at first: https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/1623...shop_home_feat

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Re: Laser cuttin/engravin machine under €2,000

I can't open the link to the Etsy shop, but I assume that it is wood inlay product?
    If so I have been doing marquetry and inlays since 2008 and just posted an Instructable here: Laser Marquetry & Inlays - My Techniques