586,110 active members*
3,345 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Sable 2015

Sable 2015

Quick question on the Sable 2015 CNC Router Table.

I bought one of these way back when, as it looked like a smoking deal. I've never used it, but it did get all setup. After stuff being moved around, the controller ended up on the powersupply.....still plugged in to a powerstrip. Long story short, smoke came out of the controller.

So my question is, can I use a different controller...the ebay guy wants $100 plus $50 shipping for one. I see controller boards for $50, so was wondering which if any I could use to control this. I would like to convert to USB if possible.

Later EddieO

Re: Sable 2015

Quote Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
    Quick question on the Sable 2015 CNC Router Table.

I bought one of these way back when, as it looked like a smoking deal. I've never used it, but it did get all setup. After stuff being moved around, the controller ended up on the powersupply.....still plugged in to a powerstrip. Long story short, smoke came out of the controller.

So my question is, can I use a different controller...the ebay guy wants $100 plus $50 shipping for one. I see controller boards for $50, so was wondering which if any I could use to control this. I would like to convert to USB if possible.

Later EddieO
    Necro Thread.

I have one on the way and plan to use Arduino and GRBL to run it, similar to my 3020 I just converted. As long as the you have a 24 volt power supply, I am not sure if the power supply you have powers both the spindle and the drivers, I have a feeling that it would need to be separated due to the power needs the motors need.

Anyways, here's a quick vid I did of the conversion, it'll be very very very close in the way I am going to do it, the math for the step/rev/per mm settings will be different.

Metro Made | 3020 CNC Arduino GRBL Conversion - YouTube