586,103 active members*
3,859 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > GibbsCam solid problems

GibbsCam solid problems

Hello!

Wondering why I get so many circles when I extract the profile. What is wrong?

Regards / Markus
    Attachment 201516Attachment 201518

may have to explain more............I am not seeing extra circles. Also try the Gibbscam forum at Gibbscam.com. You will get a good response there

sorry! I was very stressed: (
    I mean what you see on picture # 2, there are two pieces radius ought marked with four points each. Gibbs draws about twenty pc points where there should be six points: (sorry the pictures were so bad.

It looks like you extracted the profile from the solid. When the solid was built it has very minor errors in it, of which Gibbs is showing . You are going to have to pick the lower two points on the profile and redraw the radius you need.

Sorry I am on my phone and did not see the first photo. You can also go into you preferences and adjust your setting on the solid. Change it to .001 the rendering will be slower, but the solid resolution is much better. You can get to it by right clicking on the solid in your body bag. My first suggestion might be easier.

Thanks so much!

Will test on Monday. It's very strange because I have tested the solid on a total of 3 different computers but only one of them things go wrong

Regards / Markus

Nope: (
    The same problem remains: (I can not believe it works on two of three computers: (

Mmm, strange. Go to the Gibbs website and go to the support tab. They have a forums board there just like CNCZone. They are super helpful. You can even send them your VNC file. Nice feature.

When you extract the geometry change your Geometry extraction tolerance to .0005 or something other than Zero.

Hello!

I usually run with 0.01 mm tolerance. I have done experiments with increasing tolleransen 0.01 at a time. When I get to 0.07, everything starts to look good. but the radius is wrong, 1.159 instead of 1.2mm .