586,108 active members*
2,964 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Miller spectrum 625

Has anybody here used a Miller Spectrum for their plasma cutting table?
    If you have used one, how did you get an "Arc Good" signal to your controls?
    I am currently trying to install a transformer from CandCNC across the input wires to the machine. The voltage I get from the transformer is very low. I have been talking to Tom from CandCNC to try and figure this one out. The only thing left is that the transformer may be bad.
    Does anybody know where to get an Arc Good signal from the Plasma Cutter PCB??
    Thanks, Steve

If your talking about running the torch power lead through a CT (current transformer) and the ratio is not working for you to get a useable reading, try wrapping the power lead through the transformer more than once. I'd just start with 2, check the voltage, then try 3 and check the voltage and so on until you're within range of where you need to be.

I am using one of the main power wires. Right now I have two wraps through the transformer and I only get a .2 volt split between firing into the air and cutting. It is also only giving me about 3 volts and after doing the calculations I should be getting about 10 volts while firing into the air and about 20 volts while cutting. Tom @ CandCNC is sending me a new transformer. Hopefully that is the problem. Steve