586,108 active members*
3,073 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HAAS TM-1 Error Issues

Hi....just wanted to ask if anyone could help me with my Haas TM-1 machine?? I just purchased this machine used, and it is my first real CNC machine. Wired it up....and cannot get past the alarm codes 102(Servos Off) and 292(320V fault over voltage or undervoltage etc.) I went through the alarm code manuals and followed the directions, but cannot make it work. Any help would really be appreciated ! Thanks in advance

Are you running single phase or 3 phase power? There is a jumper at the top of the cabinet to adjust voltage as well.

Hi....thanks for the reply. I was trying it with 3 phase first.....320V.... I did see two small panels inside that had voltage ranges on them...so adjusted to the 240V range. I was planning to try to hook it up to 240V single phase today....but could not find the details on how to change over. I did see it once in a manual I pulled up online, but cannot find it now. Any ideas?

320? Way too high. You may have smoked the drive power supply.

Here
    http://www.haascnc.com/doclib/manual/96-0041v_web.pdf

O crap.....that would just be great. I will hook it up single phase and see what happens. Just need to know what two wires to use..... I just read 1 and 3 but I remember a picture from some manual I can't find again that showed terminals 1and2......thanks again for your help. By the way, if I fried the power supply.....how much do you think that would cost?? I am confused...as it says 320V right on the box inside the panel.

Well it looks like I screwed up..... Ok, well thanks for the info....and I will try to get it hooked up correctly in single phase.

The unit takes your incoming power and converts it to 320 VDC. Always go by the tag on the outside of the door.

Hey....underthetire.... I want to thank you for your help today. Sending me that addendum (which I saw once but could not find again) helped me get the machine switched over to single phase. I just plain lucked out..... the main power supply cable going to the powder supply box was UNPLUGGED.....and since I don't know the machine did not catch it until today. Since I did have it hooked up HOTTER than specified....I think it did not damage it since the main power was not plugged into the power supply. NOW....it is running with NO error or alarm codes Whoooooohoooooo I am stoked.
    Now if I only knew how to run it...... Once again thanks a lot. This was my first experience using this sight...and I am pleased that someone was there to help!

Always better to be lucky rather than good!

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Good deal. Not a hard control to figure out once you dive in.

TM-1 HAAS

Hi,

I also own a 2007 HAAS TM-1P that I use in my home shop. I have run it on 220 Single phase since it was new and have had no issues. It is a great little machine and has performed flawlessly over the years. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Where are you located?

John
    2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://[email protected]

John, Thanks for your props on the TM1......I am hoping it will work out well for me. I live in Nevada near Las Vegas. This machine was used in Florida before I purchased it from the company I work for. I am a decent manual machinist, but only now diving into the CNC world....so it is quite a hurdle. THis is an '06 machine....with what looks to me to be relatively low hours. It has the tool changer, probe, and chip guard. It was lightly caked with plastic and aluminum chips.....so maybe not a hard life. What is funny is, I brought to my house and rented a large fork lift as I always do for all my machines...($400 a day) so I needed to wire it up quickly to lower the spindle to shorten the machine enough to get it in my garage. I was also going to have to take the main feet off the machine.....but all was doable until I could not get it powered up. All along it was the power cord coming from the breaker to the power supply box that was not hooked up. Heck I didn't know....until yesterday when I traced it down. IT was a good thing the wire was unhooked...since I juiced it too much with the 320V I originally hooked up. So anyway, I never got it in my garage yet.....wasted the money on the fork lift. I have another machine coming next week (Lagun Knee Mill with Prototrak)....so I will shove them both in at the same time. I'm new to this site, but enjoying the community so far. I am in the firearms development world....and have been for over twenty years...so if anyone needs help on that side of things I am more than willing to offer my help. Thanks for your thoughts John...and to my helper underthetire. Fred

John or anyone Do you have any suggestions on learning the Haas control? I don't find their manual very easy to understand or very thorough. I have an older Bridgeport Interact mk2 that I have been learning and seems much easier...and the manual is really really in depth. Anyway...I am committed and hoping there is maybe some tutorials out that someone would suggest....THanks in advance!

On the Haas website there are some training manuals you can download. They explain some things better than the machine manual.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Thanks Geof......I will be looking into it!

Haas Probe

Hi Fred,

Does your machine have a Renishaw Wireless Probe and Wireless Tool Setter? If so, you will really love that option. I made a little cheat sheet in Microsoft Word to assist in learning the supplied probing options. I posted it here some time back. if you can't find it send me a PM and I will e-mail it to you. I also made a couple of YouTube videos of some of the probing options.

Don't let the control bother you. I am not a machnist by trade but have worked with manual machine tools for a long time. At the age of 60 I decided to get into the CNC world and purchased my HAAS TM-1P. If I can do it, it must not be too hard. Others here will disagree, but I decided to purchase a CAD/CAM package for drawing and maching my parts. Basically, I use the CAD/CAM package to draw and assign tool paths for my cutting tools. Then I use the post processor in the CAD/CAM package to generate the GCode to run the HAAS Mill. I copy my generated post processor file to a USB stick, in your case you would probably copy to a 3.5 Floppy drive, and insert it into the HAAS machine and copy it to the memory. Depending of the amount of memory your machine has it may be necessary to drip feed large files via an RS232 Port. Others here can advise you on how that is done. Once that is done all you have to do is make sure you have all your tools loaded in the proper tool slot numbers and have the tool lengths preset into your control via your Renishaw Tool Setter if you have one. Then set your datum X,YZ and you are ready for business.

Have Fun!!!!!

John
    2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by atomitronx View Post
    John, Thanks for your props on the TM1......I am hoping it will work out well for me. I live in Nevada near Las Vegas. This machine was used in Florida before I purchased it from the company I work for. I am a decent manual machinist, but only now diving into the CNC world....so it is quite a hurdle. THis is an '06 machine....with what looks to me to be relatively low hours. It has the tool changer, probe, and chip guard. It was lightly caked with plastic and aluminum chips.....so maybe not a hard life. What is funny is, I brought to my house and rented a large fork lift as I always do for all my machines...($400 a day) so I needed to wire it up quickly to lower the spindle to shorten the machine enough to get it in my garage. I was also going to have to take the main feet off the machine.....but all was doable until I could not get it powered up. All along it was the power cord coming from the breaker to the power supply box that was not hooked up. Heck I didn't know....until yesterday when I traced it down. IT was a good thing the wire was unhooked...since I juiced it too much with the 320V I originally hooked up. So anyway, I never got it in my garage yet.....wasted the money on the fork lift. I have another machine coming next week (Lagun Knee Mill with Prototrak)....so I will shove them both in at the same time. I'm new to this site, but enjoying the community so far. I am in the firearms development world....and have been for over twenty years...so if anyone needs help on that side of things I am more than willing to offer my help. Thanks for your thoughts John...and to my helper underthetire. Fred

This might help.

http://www.egr.unlv.edu/~kevinn/CNCw...ammingBook.pdf
    Its a training workbook for the Haas mills.

Also, see attachment. (Not everything may apply to the TM)

Hope this helps and good luck.

I'm just curious if the mill is at your house? (You mentioned it being in your garage) How did you connect to 320 volts? Most homes only have 220.