586,110 active members*
3,354 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Heidenhain TNC 150 B Drip feed

I've just received my new toy, a Bridgeport series 1 interact. It has a TNC 150 B controller. Can this machine be drip fed?

Thanks

Jim

yes the machine can with a third party software

You can download TNC Remo from the Heidenhain website and use it to drip feed your control. It is free and is compatible with all Heidenhain controls.

Thanks for the replies.

I am trying to machine parts I've drawn in solidworks.

I have installed TNC remo, but I'm unsure on what type of files it's looking for? I beleive that the TNC 150B does not use G code, so what language does it use? What do I need todo to convert a solidworks part into a file to send to TNC remo??

If I can recall correctly, you should be able to use G code with the TNC150B. Control needs to be switched over to G code. You can do this by pressing MOD keys several times until you come to programming and then chnge to g code instead of conversational programming.
    TNC remo will look for files ending with .H, thewrefore your G code programm should always end with .H and not .NC or anything similar. Did you set up TNC remo for your control TNC 150B?

- - - Updated - - -

If I can recall correctly, you should be able to use G code with the TNC150B. Control needs to be switched over to G code. You can do this by pressing MOD keys several times until you come to programming and then chnge to g code instead of conversational programming.
    TNC remo will look for files ending with .H, thewrefore your G code programm should always end with .H and not .NC or anything similar. Did you set up TNC remo for your control TNC 150B?

As far as I know you can´t use G-code on TNC150 neither can you drip feed (blockwise transfer) on this control. These features came with the TNC155