586,423 active members*
3,200 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    shane w Guest

Torch height controller

Hi,
    I'm after some help on finding a good quality THC for my plasma cutter any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Shane.

We have our CNC controls with integrated THC, IHC and many other features you might be interested in.
    You can find more information on our website. I wll be glad to answer any question here as well.

shane w Guest
    Thanks for the reply but I run Mach3 and would rather not change software if possible.

Shane,
    What do you have for a cutting machine, what electronics (drives, etc) are you running? Do you already have a motorized z axis? If so, does it already have the ability to sense the surface of the material? What plasma?

With this info we may be able to offer some advice.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by shane w View Post
    Hi,
    I'm after some help on finding a good quality THC for my plasma cutter any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Shane.

shane w Guest
    Hi Jim,
    It's only a basic setup and does a pretty good job but would do a much better job with a decent THC.
    It has Nema 23 steppers 307Oz
    Gecko 540
    Yes Z has a micro switch for sensing material with a floating head.
    A basic HF start 40A plasma cutter from EBay but works fine. I do plan on buying a better machine down the track mainly to cut thicker material.
    I only cut up to 3mm mild steel sheet.
    If you could help me out that would be great.
    Thanks Shane.

The most cost effective solution that will work with Mach 3 would be the height controls from www.candcnc.com

Jim Colt

shane w Guest
    Thanks Jim,
    Waiting for response from Tom @ CandCnc to see weather they ship to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by shane w View Post
    Thanks Jim,
    Waiting for response from Tom @ CandCNC to see weather they ship to Australia.
    Sorry must have missed the e-mail in my in-box. We do ship to Australia and our MP3000-DTHCII will run on your voltage and freq in OZ. The DTHC is the only THC with Hypertherm direct connect kits (single cable - no internal wiring) for the 45./65/85/105. Connection kits for other brands as well (but not single cable connection) The MACH integration is deep with all of the cut parameters and settings on the Program Run Screens we provide. New DCC (Dynamic Cut Control) allows changing plasma parameters WHILE CUTTING. When used with SheetCAM TNG and our custom POSTS you get a level of automation that rivals high end controls that cost five figure3s. We have a single cable connection to the G540.

I will fish though my e-mails and see if I can find your request.

TOMcaudle
    www.CandCNC.com

shane w Guest
    Hi tom,
    Just wanted to say a quick thank you for the great service, all arrived with no problems setup was a breeze and it works FANTASTIC :banana::banana:.
    Getting twice as long out of the consumables and the cuts are a lot better, just got to fine tune it with different materials but all in all I'm very HAPPY...

Cheers Shane.

Hi Shane, I was wondering what THC did you end up buying.

Thanks Mike