586,075 active members*
4,003 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Add a tangential knife option

Add a tangential knife option

I have the Cam tech Routermaster52 with a cmc1 controller, I want to upgrade the machine with a tangential knife option to cut card board and corrugate.
    Is there any company sell the hardware and software to add into the head. I don't mind to change the controller if there is a solution to make the thing easier for operation.
    Any suggestion welcome.
    can contact me direct at [email protected]
    Thanks.

btw I forgot to mention the controller only have 100k of ram, is there a easy way to add more ram into it, or I better off buy a new controller. Right now I can only cut a simple figure about 6" square and repeat 20x. anything more has to be spool to the controller thru serial cable and I can see the router just keep turning on one spot to go to the second instruction. very slow.
    I am new to this cnc, please direct me what is the best way and I am open to creative suggestion.
    Thanks.

These guys make a tangential system that operates like a 4th axis. It swivels the knife so it is parallel with the cut at all times. Especially good for thicker materials where a drag knife wouldn't work. They also have the sofware for it but they will need to custom fit it with your controller. Try giving them a call.

Carlo

can you get me contact info, contact name, phone#, website etc.
    I am very interested,
    thanks for your quick answer.