586,047 active members*
3,855 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

One touch macro call

Hello guys
    I want to integrate the function "one touch macro call" in the ladder of my fanuc 0i-td lathe.The purpose of this is to make my machine read the tool offset when i manually rotate the turret. There is someone who had used it in the past and can show me example or have another method to do this. I did some try today , i set the parameters, make a line that activate my G512.0 contact in the ladder that is supose to call my macro o9005 when i press the turret rotation button but no alarm and didn't call my macro...i read the connection manual section about this really carefully but a cannot see what i'm doing wrong. Any help will be very appreciated

Hi Vincent,

with all-do respect, this is a complex function to integrate correctly and should therefor only be integrated by a professional system integrator.
    sequencial & timing is important.

best regards

norbert

Hello Norbert!
    Thanks for the replie! I'm not a professionnal but i made lot of ladder modification on my fanuc machines like adding a fourth axis and i think i understand 90% of what i see in these programs, if you used this function before and you can send me a ladder file that have it in , i'm pretty sure i will understand how to make this ! Or you can post here general guidelines to make it works, it will be really appreciated! I understand the sequence of this function, but connection manual just have few pages on it and think i just miss a little thing in this...As you said it a question of sequence an timing! Best regards and thank you again!

Hallo Vincent,

have you made any other changes to the ladder to supplement G512.0 ?
    there are a lot more to do like mode-change f512.1/G514.0, f512 > f514.

a good tool is the pmc signal trace function, set all the related signals in sequence of activation, then the trace-display is clearer.
    use this to debug the sequence of events.
    eg. the mode status (or any other signal status) should not "flick" during the process as this count as an interruption of the process and the process is then stoped.

have fun

norbert

Many thanks Norbert!
    If i understand well, if i activate G512.0(MCST1) in ladder, the CNC should answer me with F512.1=1(MCRQ), then i use it to activate G514.0(MCFIN) and then then CNC side should answer F512.0 and F514.0 and the sequence is over... my problem for now is when i activate the G512.0 in manual mode with my button, F512.1 stay at 0. I see two possibility, this thing is an option and i dont have it, or my machine is not really in a "RESET STATE". I checked with the trace function too and the F512.1 doesn't move.

Hallo Vincent,
    yes, it is an optional function.
    in broad terms, activating the sequence you need to incorporate the related signals into the rest of the ladder,
    i.e. this function read a specific program > need a change to auto-mode - need a cycle start - need a fin generated at completion of excecution - would return to the original active program - need to return to original mode - sequence completed.

understanding the function is important, the integrator are responsible to fulfil these needs safely as each machine is different.

you might read the process chart with different eye's now, get the option 1st.

enjoy.
    Norbert

Please could you give an example ladder mod. I have the option installed. I added a line in the ladder so X44.7 activates g512.0. I set parameters to call o9003 program. I thought the software would handle it from there. When i press my button nothing happens.

Do I have to register g512.0 anywhere?
    Thanks
    Mark

Hallo Mark,

the manual B64303EN-01, chapter 16.6 provide all the relevant info needed.
    I agree, understanding all that is another thing, it is a lot of info.
    the chart on page 1403 give the time/event line to be followed.

as no developer programs a ladder the same way or with a similar lay-out, a sample ladder will only contribute to confusion.

one off G512.? - G513.? is certainly needed.

controlling the "mode" and "cycle start" signals would be the most challenging part, screwing-up this section could destroy the machine.

as safety is of utmost importance when altering a working ladder, you should be sure ....
    with care-full planning you would get it right.
    this function will not work properly until all the conditions are met.

have fun