586,069 active members*
3,592 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NEED WORK/QUOTE: Steel Casting Flask

Hey everybody,
    I buy and refine silver/gold lots and usually just use a graphite mold I have to make 1oz ingots. I want to begin sand casting-using special sand/clay to create a mold for literally any shape. What I need is called a "casting flask". What it is essentially is 2 steel rectangular frames that are independent but can be locked together via a mechanism or even just a bracket. Also, each frame should have half a funnel shape at the top with an open end (top and bottom, obviously-for pouring, so when locked together the funnel is complete).
    I have found exactly what I'm looking for all over the internet for $40 average. Its such a simple design, I feel like the price is just what it is because it comes from jewelry supply sites.
    This is exactly what I'm looking for (dimensions do not have to be exact, but about the same size-maybe a little larger):
    Sand Casting Flask | OttoFrei.com

If you think you can make this for $30 or less (not including shipping), I am interested. Please email me at [email protected]. Payment would be via PayPal

Thanks!

I seriously doubt anyone is going to make that for that price. for $38.00 plus shipping, just order it.

I have to agree with GM81 set up time alone not including materials would be more at or than the $38 it costs to buy it. YOu have to factor in set up time, material costs, and the time it takes to make the part. The overhead for a 1 off part is simply to high for what your willing to pay for.

Yep, just buy it. I could see a quote from even a "mom and pop" machine shop being several hundred dollars.

Think about me buying a mass produced ring, vs. having you copy it and only make me one. Could you make me one of these for $58?

MARC BY MARC JACOBS 'Turnlock - Katie' Ring | Nordstrom