586,060 active members*
4,090 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Full Spectrum Laser Dead again 4th time

:devious:40 watt Full spectrum 4 gen Laser died again last night. The Problem this time is it won't make a connection from computer to laser. Just says (attempting Connection)
    any ideas. Think I've covered the basics put new plug jack in, tried several cords and usb jacks on computer.:boxing:

BigBird

Have you tried using a different USB port? I've had similar problems with my Leetro controlled laser and using a different USB port solved the problem.

Yera I tried all the usb ports they all work fine with other stuff connected to them

The main reason I suggest using a different USB port is to avoid conflict between different devices. Even though the ports work OK their can still be conflicts.

What I do in these situations is remove all USB devices and just connect one device then test to make sure everything works OK. I would start with the laser and if your laser works OK with being the only USB device connected it suggests that it is a conflict with USB devices. If it doesn't work, then you have a driver or hardware problem.

Keep connecting other devices one at a time until something doesn't work.
    Then start the whole process again but this time plug the devices into different ports.
    Usually you can overcome the conflicts by using this approach but sometimes you need to remove one or 2 devices when you want to use a particular device.

Quote Originally Posted by cautious32 View Post
    BigBird

Have you tried using a different USB port? I've had similar problems with my Leetro controlled laser and using a different USB port solved the problem.

the laser doesn't work no matter which port I use and I tried them all. and anything I plug in to any of the ports works just fine, except the laser.

Check power saving on the PC Bert, USB ports poll to see if new connections are being made, if they get no reply some power setting modes will instruct them to switch off. (If the laser isn't handshaking the poll from the USB the USB will think nothing is connected)

It's more likely to be the laser to be honest but lets eliminate everything else first.

cheers

Dave