586,051 active members*
3,748 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

LC Series 59120 out of square

Hi, I've been working with a LC 59120 for about a year. Out of nowhere the machine has been making inaccurate cuts. We determined from a few pieces that it is not cutting square.

Following techno's squaring instructions we determined with the dial indicator that the machine is out of square by almost 1/8" over a 24 inches. Per the instructions we loosened the M6 bolts and started to mallet the upright supports on the gantry. There is just not enough play to square the gantry this way. Could the lower beam be out of square? We didn't want to go to far before gathering more information. Could the x-axis be out of alignment? How could this become apparent out of nowhere? It's as if something crashed into the machine.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

I took care of one of those once, I would check the beam under the table and make certain that it is square to the ways the if it is out loosen up the bolts and square it up then check the top side and move it into alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Montabelli View Post
    I took care of one of those once, I would check the beam under the table and make certain that it is square to the ways the if it is out loosen up the bolts and square it up then check the top side and move it into alignment.
    Do you mean the beam that the gantry rides one? The beam that is moved by the ball screw? We were going to loosen the five screws on each side and attempt to align that way, but we didn't know if it would then cause the ball and screw to bind. What do we square the beam up to? The dial gauge and square on the table?

Yes the beam that the gantry rides on, it should be square to the linear bearings , which should be parallel with the edge of the table , and collinear with the axis of the ball nut, if there are no problems there then you can reset it from the top. if the gantry was knocked out of square somehow, you want to be sure it is aligned properly from the screw and linear bearings out.

Squaring up a Techno Router

Howdy,

Loosen the line of bolts shown by the red arrow on both sides, but only a little. Too much, and the gantry falls down.
    Once these are loose, you'll have 3-6 inches to play with.
    Ignore the bolts the guy is pointing to, I'm assuming you've already done those!

Please contact me if you have any trouble. Our info can be found on Armor CNC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails loosen.JPG  
    Eric Feldman - Design Engineer, Programmer
    Armor CNC - http://www.armorcnc.com Support hours: 7am thru 10pm EST, 7 days a week