587,056 active members*
3,546 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Citizen F12 Fanuc 3T Relay problems

Question Citizen F12 Fanuc 3T Relay problems

I'm putting a dinosaur back into working condition and my maintenance/operators manuals have limited wiring diagrams in them so I'm wondering if anyone knows (before I spend hours tracing wires)...

There are a row of magnetic contacters (I think that's what they are) under the mainboard and fuses and above the VCU's...They are not kicking on(if I manually push in the contact everything fires up) and I'm not finding what it is in the machine that actually turns them on. Anyone know???

The VCU's is about the only thing that turns on, NC cabinet is completely powerless.

Usually if contactor turns on an inductive motor, then it has thermal (overload) relay under it. Motors are on pumps, chip conveyors, turrets (usually two contactors for both directions). These contactors, most likely, are turned on by M-commands through PMC's or other PLC's outputs.
    You may PM me if it's difficult to you to define.

Got it narrowed down to the input unit, power goes into it but does not come out keeping the power supply from coming on. This input unit is ancient, I'm surprised it isn't powered by rats on wheels

If you checked the +5v and 24v per my PM, it could be the power supply itself, the input unit powers up the P.S. and it expects a ready signal back, if it does not get it, the input unit shows a fault and disables a power up.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I did (pm'd you back yesterday) make those checks and everything stayed the same. I moved on to locating the input unit and where it is clearly marked in my newer machines, for some reason this one is not. I tried tracing wiring from the power unit (A14B-0067-B002-01) and they run to a section with about 25 Omron LY2 relays and cabling labeled M1 M2 CN2-CN6 (No PCB, every other F12 is a labeled PCB-1-2 in the same spot). I'm guessing this would be the earlier version of the input unit??