Hello Everyone,

this is my first time posting here I hope I can help some people out and gain some knowledge as well. My problem is I am in the process of converting my mini lathe into CNC. I have a Gecko G540, Mach3, C3 index-pulse card, and 2 nema 23 stepper motors. I am doing ok so far in this conversion got my stepper motors working "not installed yet", Pulse card showing data in mach3, my next problem I am having is trying to figure out what I need for mach to control my spindle speed. I am not sure if the G540 can control my motor controller on its own, or if I need like a C6 speed control board. I am not having any luck with the research I'm doing on how to set this up. I do know that the G540 can do PWM which I have setup in mach and am using a external 12V. power supply to achieve the 0-10V signal, but I'm not sure if I should be hooking this straight up to my motor controller in the lathe or if I need to send this signal to a C6 board to control the speed, or how to wire it correctly without blowing anything up. Any help would be greatly appreciated and in advance thank you for your time.

Robert Smith