586,602 active members*
3,552 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Thread cutting program V9

Thread cutting program V9

Not able to cut threads on Intelitek ProLight turning center? Program posts but does not work properly. Spindle speed isn't correct and probable other problems that i haven't discovered yet? Machine and program work fine with simple rough/finish turning.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by pmsmichelle View Post
    Not able to cut threads on Intelitek ProLight turning center? Program posts but does not work properly.
    Not sure what you are requiring from the zone ?

You need to find & prove off the correct NC code that the machine requires, before saying Mastercam doesn't put out correct code.
    - Any & every post needs to be customised to suit a machine, and the machinists preferences ( message layout, tool list etc )

Then find a post that outputs close to what is needed ( from the install disks ), then customise that post to output correct code.

I didn't think that i indicated Mastercam was at fault, and am not saying that now. only that i have not been able to make things work and am looking for help. I thought that if i used the intelitek post it would work? i don't have install disks but did download from intelitek. do other posts work on intelitek machines? where do i start to solve my problem?
    thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by pmsmichelle View Post
    where do i start to solve my problem?
    - Look into your machine's programming manuals at what code is required to get the required toolpath, or canned cycles
    - Manually edit an NC program & run in the machine to prove your understanding of the required paths

- In Mastercam, insert your required data, in the correct fields, to try to get the same NC code, You may have a wrong setting, incomplete data etc

for starters, try to understand which Mastercam field generates which NC code.

What is needed 1st, is that, you must know what is expected by the machine to make it run correctly, Then try to make Mastercam output that same code

- I think I read that the control is very similar to Fanuc based code, please correct me if I am incorrect

In your next post, attach
    1- your edited NC file that is proven to work
    2- the un-edited NC file, posted directly from Mastercam
    3- the actual post you are using

place these files into a "compressed (ZIP) folder", then upload it, using the Ättachments"" button at the top of this dialog box

thanks for the reply. i will search my manuals and get back to you.

you should update your programme, if you used MastercamX7 you would have chance different toolpath options, which one do you want to use thread milling or tapping with G84 cycle. Please check my traing video out. Cad Cam Okulu Portal ? Just Learn
    for more my twitter "cadcamokulu" post development or traing video all of them can be prepared for you

well done..