586,106 active members*
2,935 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > OSP 5000 wont save parameter changes

OSP 5000 wont save parameter changes

I have a shop full of mid 90's model Okuma lathes. I have always had trouble getting them to save parameter changes after i change a parameter. All of them have the OSP5000 or 5020 controls. I have done it a few times and gotten the machine to save the changes but its been so long i cant remember what the trick is. And yes i will write it down this time.

The manual simply says to power off the machine to save the changes, even the control gives an alarm after changing a parameter which says to power off machine to save changes. Ive tried that a dozen times and no dice. I seem to recall from past experiences that there is one step missing. Ive tried pushing E-stop before making the parameter changes, then power off, sit for 30 seconds and power on. Tried the same thing without using E-stop. Tried every thing i can think of.

What is the trick that im missing? Do i need to stand on my head while pushing power on or something!!

Quote Originally Posted by GITRDUN View Post
    I have a shop full of mid 90's model Okuma lathes. I have always had trouble getting them to save parameter changes after i change a parameter. All of them have the OSP5000 or 5020 controls. I have done it a few times and gotten the machine to save the changes but its been so long i cant remember what the trick is. And yes i will write it down this time.

The manual simply says to power off the machine to save the changes, even the control gives an alarm after changing a parameter which says to power off machine to save changes. Ive tried that a dozen times and no dice. I seem to recall from past experiences that there is one step missing. Ive tried pushing E-stop before making the parameter changes, then power off, sit for 30 seconds and power on. Tried the same thing without using E-stop. Tried every thing i can think of.

What is the trick that im missing? Do i need to stand on my head while pushing power on or something!!
    On the EARLY ones, you have to wait for the counter to cycle. Its about 3 minutes, then cycle power. On the 5020, there is a softkey that says back up under the CRT. That just makes the counter go quickly. ( there is a counter at the bottom of the screen in Hex.)

That got it. I waited about 4 min before i powered it off and 4 min before powering back on.
    Thanks.