586,121 active members*
3,156 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Uncategorised CAD Discussion > Differences between TurboCAD Mac Pro v7 and Mac Deluxe v7?

Differences between TurboCAD Mac Pro v7 and Mac Deluxe v7?

Can anyone direct me to a site or otherwise that neatly summarises the differences between TurboCAD Mac Pro v7 and TurboCAD Mac Deluxe v7? I must admit I'm quite confused as to what the differences are.

Thanks

I'm sure that most of the difference is in how the 3d modeling works, with Pro having more overall capabilities. They call Pro a parametric modeler, but I'd say it's more of a quasi-parametric modeler as it doesn't have all the traits that parametric modelers usually have, but definitely has some of them by use of constraints. I'd guess that Deluxe will not have that level of functionality and is probably more in line with the Windows version of Turbocad Deluxe.

The other difference is probably in the snaps system, where in the Pro version you can establish a hierarchy of how the snaps will be chosen when there are more than one within the snap's sensing window. Pro has a great snaps system compared to previous versions I've owned, but it's still on the old school side of how drawing is done IMHO.

If you draw/model regularly and can afford Pro, I'd go with it as it's their flagship product and there is a difference. If you're just a hobby user and Deluxe has the tools you need, it's a good value and will probably be fine. As a long time Turbocad user, I would also recommend checking Viacad out, which also can be bought in the same price range as Deluxe for the Mac. Both come in trial versions, so try them each out and see what works for you.

Another Pete,

Please review the following link to the TurboCAD Mac v7 comparison chart.

http://www.turbocad.com/Portals/1/Ch...-10-13-all.pdf

~monizuka