586,036 active members*
3,558 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

3T Blowing VCU fuse

Had a machine moved here recently that was working and when I powered up the NC the fuse(F5 according to the diagram on it) in the X axis VCU(A06B-6045) blew immediately. I checked the larger fuses which appear to be fine, I disconnected the power from the motor and the fuse doesn't blow.

When it comes to checking the power cable on the motor and the motor its self I'm not really sure what exactly to look for, I have a multi meter just not sure what to check and what it should read.

do you mean F5, which on the A06B-0007-0380?
    if so check the big fuse F2 again

Quote Originally Posted by guhl View Post
    do you mean F5, which on the A06B-0007-0380?
    if so check the big fuse F2 again
    The VCU is A06B-6045-H001 it is the F5 fuse on that VCU, I will go through large fuses again and see if there is any change.
    I disconnected the motor yesterday and cleaned and checked over the power cable for breaks and everything looked ok, I hooked it back up and blew another fuse when I powered up again... I may try and change the motor if the large fuses don't make a difference. I'm running low on 15A fuses here.

The A06C-0007-0380 is the small PCB close to fuses F1, F2 and F3 (30A) and it is present in drives higher than H001, 002. It serves for detection of main fuses blowing.
    In your drive fuses 15A have own indication of blowing and they have to be placed on PCB A06C-0007-0370. Therefore it is strange that there are F4, F5 and F6 in your drive.

I have changed the F2 fuse, powered back up and now a different fuse on the VCU (F6) has blown.

The PCB on the outside of the drive(which contains fuses F4 F5 F6) is labeled as PWB2 (A20B-0007-0370/014) The Z drive (which hasn't blown any fuses is) showing OVC on the led on the PCB on the backside of the drive.

look at attached images, the first is for your drive (H001, 002) and the second for higher series
    Attachment 204562
    Attachment 204564

Quote Originally Posted by amercc View Post
    The PCB on the outside of the drive(which contains fuses F4 F5 F6) is labeled as PWB2 (A20B-0007-0370/014) The Z drive (which hasn't blown any fuses is) showing OVC on the led on the PCB on the backside of the drive.
    and where are F1, F2 and F3?

I see the F1 F2 F3 on the diagram but with that section of the drive only providing power I don't think my problems are in that area. I'm thinking I either have a cable or a motor issue on the X axis that is causing this over voltage in turn causing the fuse to blow. I just have to figure out where exactly the problem is. :drowning:

Quote Originally Posted by guhl View Post
    and where are F1, F2 and F3?
    There are no 1 2 or 3 on either drive, they are both 4 5 6 on the front and X has the 7 8 9 little green 10A on the PCB on the backside of the drives.

you may check your cable by megger
    to check the motor just reconnect it to another drive with the same capacty and vise versa reconnect your drive to another motor to check the drive
    also it's possible to make a testing scheme to rotate motor via drive
    if you need my help, just PM or email me

I didn't realize your help was going to cost me 100 dollars, thanks for nothing.

hysterics?
    BTW, I asked you whether agree you charge to me $75 in case of your machine running again, but not prior to

Hysterics? No you asked me for the money, what is hysterical about that? If you want to start a business I would suggest rule one be you look for people who want to pay you for your service. I come to forums here to get advice so that I can fix things myself and not have to pay someone to do it for me, not to be railroaded for advice that may or may not work. I appreciate your suggestions just not your assumption that I want to pay you for them.

listen, I didn't require money PRIOR TO, but ONLY after and ONLY in case of your machne runs.

When you asked for money isn't the point, it's the fact that you ASKED FOR MONEY.

To end the thread I found the problem, during moving the magnets within the axis motor were broken by turbulence, causing the ovc,blown fuses etc.

is it a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by amercc View Post
    To end the thread I found the problem, during moving the magnets within the axis motor were broken by turbulence, causing the ovc,blown fuses etc.
    You even couldn't define what fuses are installed in your drive. How did you find the problem? Doesn't after my last advice?
    If you don't want to repair your machines yourself, using this forum like a bit of a help, so be ready to pay money.
    And what about hystercs, it is! The most real! Sorry

The issue wasn't finding the fuses, it was finding out why they were blowing. Your advice was to clean the carbon from the commutator, I went a step further and completely disassembled the motor. If you want credit for helping me fix it fine, Guhl is the man he totally fixed my machine. The whole reason I am on this forum is to not pay money and do it myself and possibly share what I know to someone else who needs help. There's nothing hysterical about that, guy give it a rest.

well, ok
    I think our skirmish is not that, what people want to see on this forum, for this PM being used
    I didn't repair your machine I just saw the way how to do this and during fixing this problem I think you've got an invaluable experience
    but I wonder how magnets could get broken, you dropped your machine? I saw broken magnets on soviet and poland motors, but they are not Fanuc. Fanuc is Fanuc

Page 1 of 2 12