586,113 active members*
3,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > 5 motors, 4 axis, what type of controller can do this?

5 motors, 4 axis, what type of controller can do this?

I am working on a design that is using 5 geckodrives G212 and use 48v DC to drive the motor for better speed, but I check on campbell design combo card, sound like it can do 4 motors only, I hope I am wrong, but if this is true,
    what else can I use to do 5 motors control?
    I also want the option with the extra relay to control the router on/off, frequency control etc.
    if someone has some good one, please let me know.
    Thanks.

Hello Avengine

I came here searching for the same info... how did you decide to do?
    I'm building a CNC router with twin Z axis and a 4th rotary axis

bye

Andrea
    Torino, Italy

Well I don't know all the controllers that can but in my humble the best for the money is the Mach series of controllers. http://www.machsupport.com/

You will be able to find any info you need at this link. Mach also has a fourn here on the Zone.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Hi MIke

I'll be most probably using Mach software: what I'm searching for is a "breakout board" with more than 4 outputs...

However I'll try asking to machsupport.com..

thanks - bye!

Andrea

I am looking at this too, so far I want to try the G rex100 with G202 drive, this one is very powerful and can do a lot of stuff, but since I am just the beginner in this field, therefore I plan to go step by step, with some simple circuit to know the theory inside out before spend money to buy good stuff, and since mach4 is new, I want to wait a little bit before go all the way. But I do believe artsoft do good stuff that is the thing I like them so far.

Hi guys,

the beauty of the G-Rex is that you don't need break-out boards. Even though the G-Rex is the pulse generator it is also the i/o board, and the breakout board. Full 6 axis. You will need the G-rex, Mach4 or some other controller when available, and as many drives as you want up to the 6. There is a video on the mach support site showing a large milling table running under G-rex/Mach4 control and it is soooo smooth. It is also running at 300 inches per minute. This particular machine has large servos rather than steppers.

I personally am excited about Mariss's (Mr. Gecko) new un-stallable stepper solution and will probably wait for that depending on how long he projects it to take.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.