586,065 active members*
4,327 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tsugami BE-20 Guide Bushings

Hello all,
    I am wondering if I have to use the connector between the main spindle and the rotary guide bushing on my Tsugami BE-20. It says in the manual that you should use it and secure it with 3 bolts the only problem is it gets in the way when we are trying to adjust the bushing. We have a BH-20 as well but we dont use a main to guide connector on it but the set screws are held in a little bit different fashion (you use a tommy bar and wrench on the back of it rather than a 3 prong wrench on the front and a tube wrench on the back like the BE does). Anyone else ran into this problem? If anyone has a way to run the rotary guide bushing without having to use the main to guide connector please let me know how you did it. I dont understand why they just didnt make it like they did with the BH-20. This wouldnt be such a big problem but we run quite a few very tight toleranced pins (+/- .0002") on this machine so we have to get the guide as tight as possible to hold concentricity and it would be much easier to do with a tommy bar rather than using 2 hands. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

I ended up grinding off a 3/32 allen wrench and I am now able to use this as a tommy bar inserting one end into the set screw and the other against the 5MM bolt directly above the bushing. I also read elsewhere that the main to guide connecter is actually used so that small stock (such as 1/8") doesn't twist and snap when you turn the spindle on/off. I guess I was able to answer my own question. Hopefully this helps someone else out though as the tommy bar method is much easier than trying to stretch one hand to the front of the guide and another to the back of the guide and it allows for a tighter bushing as well due to it having more rigidity than human hands.