586,379 active members*
3,519 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Really lame Haas program question

Really lame Haas program question

Hi Folks, I've owned Haas CNCs for about 13 years and have always DNC'd code to them. I now have two programs that I want to keep in the machine memory. My problem is that I don't know how to change the name of the program once it's in the machine (or before it goes to it). The program defaults to O00000. Obviously I can't have the same number for both programs. What do it do here??

Use the "duplicate active program" from inside the edit function. It will ask you for the new program number, and IIRC the "O" will already be there, so just type the number after that and hit enter. Don't start with a "9" though - 9000 series numbers are supposed to be reserved for the control.

Awesome, that worked great. Now I have o00001 and o00002 for the two programs. I see that my spindle warm up program has text in ( ). Can I add text to the program number?

To change a name select the name of the program in program edit and alter it to whatever you like. add a comment underneath it and it will appear next to the program name when you list the programs in the machine.

i.e.
    Program edit
    O0001
    (test program)

List program
    O0001 (test program)
    O0002 (another program)

Thanks, BigNizzy (and Eagle Mike). I'm doing something wrong. I can select the program from the list, then press "edit" button. None of the options (after pressing "F1") at the top seam appropriate and the "alter" key doesn't do anything. So I'm unable to add or change anything. What am I missing?

When in Edit mode, highlight the program number, type the number you want to change it to, THEN hit "Alter".

Thanks Ben, I highlighted the number, typed (small), then "enter". it seamed to work. (I didn't actually hit the "alter" key)
    I'm somewhat of a dumba$$, but I think I got it now.

O00001 (small)
    O00002 (large)