Im looking for a bit of help here from the professionals.
5 months ago I purchased my first CNC router, a 2 year old Biesse Rover 5x12 flat bed, with 2 Minks 10hp pumps. it has a 12 bit tool holder, vertical X and Y 10 bit drill banks, horizontal X,Y bores, and a saw for the X.
I hired a Biesse service tech to come set up the router and teach us how to us it. I can do the basics but im finding that Biesse works (the CAM software) that came with the machine is not very intuitive. it is also having a hard time importing complicated DXF files from our CAD program. from what i have read Biesseworks does well with Autocad, unfortunately we dont run Auto CAD we run vector works. So instead of trying to upgrade (debatable vector works vs Auto CAD) I would like to purchase a CAM and bi pass biesseworks all together.
Let me give you a bit of background on what we are looking to do. I have 3 CAD designers that use Vector works as the primary drafting program for build drawings and client renderings. We design and build custom trade show exhibits. We will be cutting everything from aluminum, plastic, plywood, hardwood, foams and anything else we can shove under it. we rarely do traditional cabinets by it would be nice to have that capability specially when it comes to redoing my kitchen... Mostly we will be creating drawings in vector works exporting as DXF files and looking to a 3rd party software to tool path them and post to the router. in addition to this it would be nice to have something intuitive enough that our shop guys can jump on the CPU in the shop and have it cut simple parts. right now you have to be a rocket engineer to cut a simple circle with a square in the middle in Biesse works.
The Program's that im considering are; Enroute, Art CAM, Cabinet vision, AlphaCAM, Master CAM and SoildWorks CAM.
Im really hoping for some good non biased opinions on which to go with and which to stay away from.

Thanks,

Jim