In an ongoing effort to learn new software whenever possible, I've recently downloaded Creo Elements Direct Modeling Express 4.0. However, there seems to be very little documentation on it and most of what I've found is based on a previous version. Most of the program is quite obvious, but I'm having trouble bring 2d DXF drawing (imported from other CAD software) into the 3d workspace. The information for previous versions suggests that you use "Edit-->Copy" and "Edit-->Paste", but in version 4.0 they have eliminated the "Edit" menu entirely.

I've accidentally been able to move a line drawing into the 3d model space from the 2d Annotation window, but I can't for the life of me figure out the exact sequence I used. It was something along the lines of selecting the drawing and using ctr+c and ctl+v, but I've not been able to repeat the results since then.

It's interesting software that seems to allow for a lot of work on dumb solids. It's not a parametric modeler really, but allows for some very unique (in practice) push pull manipulation of models in a manner that kind of mimics parametric modeling. The only limit seems to be the number of "parts" (max of 60), but otherwise is fully functional and free.

Curious if anyone here has any experience with it......