586,119 active members*
3,583 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 100 of 422 50909899100101102110150200
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 8431

New poster

Hello everyone just doing the whole first post thing. Im from oklahoma been working with cnc for about 3 years now through the use of Cabinet vision,and just receantly Alphacam. Im pretty solid in CV but still have much to learn in Alphacam Hopefully there will be some others here that are helpful in that area if or when I run into problems.

try drive'n over to sikeston and have a couple of beers wwith them college boys???/
    try them boys up at mo state S&T,,,up in Rolla????
    good luck

good luch with BOBCAD, us old users swear by the old stufff and swear at the new stuff????to eaxch his own????

hello this is NAGESH KUMAR

Can any one help me providing information on getting PARAMETER DETAILS for CITIZEN CINCOM E16 CNC SLIDING HEAD machine with meldas 320m controller. I also need operation manual (english) for this machine. Data got erased due to battery failure.Pls help

Hello i am Dave from olahoma just started a small shop have one lathe and mini mill so any help i can get would be great thanx

one of the 3/5

Hi all... I fell into the 3/5 category (members who never posted) so I thought I would say hi. I don't know if my main hobby is machines or machining... but anyhow I enjoy building scale model engines. I have both conventional and CNC equipment in my shop. Located near Durham NC.

Brad

Smile hello

I have a dm3000 lathe and am in the process of learning how to program it and learning about tooling. Thanks

Hello

Hi, This is Syed. we have started a company in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Our company names is Umbrella for Engineering LLC. We are in Machining, Welding and Fabrication. We have lathe machines, Universal milling machines,We have bending and shearing machines till 8mm. Gas cutting, Band saw cutting. ARC, MIG, TIG, GAS weldings. we do Fabrication also. Is there any work please contact us.

george9

I work at nyco systems in california. We repair many cnc controllers and plc

Hi

Found this forum by chance while looking for a DIY cooling fluid recipe (still haven't found it). I want to add a pump to this machine. Till now, I've only used it for Al and plastic but starting to work with steel. Still have to figure out so much (RPMs, feed speed, etc.) but I'll get there. I'll be lurking and reading more than I'll be able to post anything useful.

BTW has anyone ever converted something this small to CNC. Seems like a fun experiment.

Cheers
    DB

Good Morning...

My name is Robert, I'm a Gulf War Vet (1st war), have 7 kids, a dog, and a wife. I live in Germany, design and troubleshoot computer networks for small businesses. My real hobby are my radio controlled planes, which is how I fell into the world of CNC. I have finally decided to build my first machine. So, hello to all here, and if I post some not so intelligent questions don't laugh, I just need help.

Robert

hello Im from new Zealand
    Have been using Biesse for years but have been having a bit of trouble with biesse works
    if anyone can direct me to a book it would help

Hello

Just getting started in metal working. I am enrolled in the Machinist Technology Program at RCBI. So far, so good.

Smile Dan from British Columbia Canada

I'm relatively new to the CNC world with only five years experience on a router. I own a MultiCam 3000 series 4' x 8' router and use EnRoute pro software to design the files. We hope to be upgrading to a four axis MultiCam very soon. It too will be a 3000 series machine.

I come to this game from a very different angle than most who frequent this forum. While CNC machines are great for doing precise, straight lines my desire is to do exactly the opposite. I absolutely love texture and everything wiggly. Our small, family run company specializes in 3D theme signs and environments. My shop is out back of our small acreage in the tiny town of yarrow British Columbia. Our clients are just about everywhere else.

It took me a while to figure it out but using EnRoute and our MultiCam allows me to do pretty much anything I can imagine. The router also makes it a whole lot faster than doing similar tasks by hand. While I have had plenty of folks help me along the way I have no educational degrees nor am I officially qualified to do anything. But then again that allows me to do pretty much as I please for I am not limited by any conventional rules.

For those who are interested in the type of unique CNC projects we do visit my website or the journal which chronicles my routing adventures which I write for EnRoute. It can be found at ENROUTE ADVENTURES : MUCH MORE FUN THAN WORKING

-I look forward to learning lots here!

-dan

Greetings All

I'm from the cutting tool side of the industry. I work for a carbide round-tool manufacturer in California. I'm always interested in applications issues, experiences of how cutting tools are getting used, problems with existing geometries, the tool demands of HSM techniques, etc. I'm working on a Speeds and Feeds chart I hope to post online eventually. It will go beyond the standard generic charts (many of which use ranges which are too broad to be useful) and will include recommendations for multiple cutting conditions and material hardnesses.

Newbie here

Hi,
    Got over 25 yrs of CAD with some NC background. Now working for a new company that makes custom foam inserts for cases using a Multi-Cam 3000 series unit. Cut wood but mostly Foam.
    My Dell pc is used to drive the programs to the unit out in the shop over a ethernet line. Suddenly here in recent weeks before it can finish cutting foam it will go from straight cuts to angle cuts making it scrap.
    Does anyone have an idea how I can solve my dilemema?
    If you can suggest something I would be in your debt. Thanks

Jeff

Well I am currently in HTC machine tool program in the second year. Unlike some of my fellow student I am try to do more than just 2 axis work. It seem like a waste of the capabilities of a CNC to not do 3D work and curved lines. I have been looking for more information than my overwhelmed instructors can provide and kept find this wonderful site. So here I am.

New

Hello everyone, New here, Not sure if this is the best place to post or not. I have been reading post for a few weeks now and finally decided to join, there is some very interesting and informative information here and people here seem to be very helpful.
    I have had a fasination with Guns and the Craftsmanship for years and have recently decided I would like to do this as a hobby to make my own custom designs for my own personal collection.
    I have done some research for Gunsmithing Schooling however its alittle out of my price range and what I would care to pay.
    It seems everything is done by computers (very hight tech) these days and I would perfer using the OldSchool Method- where Hard Work and Passion are involved!
    Which do you all prefer and think would be best method Oldschool/New School and what are the advantages?
    I have just a few questions pertaining to Machines- Quality Lathes, Drill Presses, materials and some basic questions.
    I am not interested in all those Crazy "Guerilla Weapons" I have seen posted on other sites although the info is great to know in case of Emergencies!
    However I am looking to build something of quality craftsmanship!

newb in bay area

Hi all,
    I was a machinist in the late seventies after college, where I setup and ran a Browne&Sharp hydraulic controlled turret lathe. It was made in switzerland, was programmed using a pegboard, and could, when possible, get three tools on the work at once. The shop had just gotten a NC retrofitted Bridgeport that used punched tape; all the cutter offsets and tool paths had to be calculated by hand!
    Since, I've been a C/C++ software developer for the last 30 years, but have recently discovered our local JC's machine shop. They have a retrofitted Bridgeport with an Anilam Crusader II. This seems to be a great learning machine - and, I've been able to make some parts for my Miata to help it get around the track faster. They also have a donated Miyano TSV-23 with a crashed ATC, which, with the help of the forum, I would like to get up and running.

newb in bay area

Hi,
    I was a machinist in the late seventies after college, where I setup and ran a Browne&Sharp hydraulic controlled turret lathe. It was made in switzerland, was programmed using a pegboard, and could, when possible, get three tools on the work at once. The shop had just gotten a NC retrofitted Bridgeport that used punched tape; all the cutter offsets and tool paths had to be calculated by hand!
    Since, I've been a C/C++ software developer for the last 30 years, but have recently discovered our local JC's machine shop. They have a retrofitted Bridgeport with an Anilam Crusader II. This seems to be a great learning machine - and, I've been able to make some parts for my Miata to help it get around the track faster. They also have a donated Miyano TSV-23 with a crashed ATC, which, with the help of the forum, I would like to get up and running.

Page 100 of 422 50909899100101102110150200