586,094 active members*
4,248 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 103 of 422 35393101102103104105113153203
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 8431
    Hi all,
    I confess, I too have lurked here for years.
    I started running machines in 1979 and left the shop in 87 during GE-Riverworks massive layoff (thank you, unions). Got int to CNC sales and did that until 2005. Sold some well respected brands: Hitachi Seiki, Tornos,Takamaz, Roku-Roku, Cincy, Bridgeport, Okamoto, DMG, Haas (3 different times), Charmilles and many many more I couldn't even begin to remember. I took a 5 year hiatus from the industry and just signed on with the local Kitamura distributor. Don't ask me why,lol. It's in my blood. I am blown away at the major leaps the Taiwanese have made. Stuff looks as good and robust as anything out of Japan and Korea. Seems in order to be competitive in USA, shops have to move away from the "me too" model. He has a haas/fadal, ME TOO. I see a ton of shops realize they need to go horizontal and 5 axis simltaneous on the mill side, while goin twin spindle with a minimum of 2 turrets with c and y axis on the turning side. Otherwise, you are just competing with cheap mainland China labor. Oh, and don't look now but, even chinese shops realize that their cheap labor can only take them so far and are moving towards machine configurations I mentioned. Looks like 8 years of pent up demand coupled with the new tax write offs our great new congress put in place will result in another boom time in the machine tool industry. Maybe only I dream??

Hey all,

I just recently found this site through google and am gald I did you seem to have alot of good info on CNC operation and programming and I am curious if anyone may be able to help me, I have been working in machine shops for the past ten years off and on and I am wanting to get into the programming side of things but dont really know where to start, looking into some certifications courses and stuff but looking for suggestions so if anyone can help me out please send me a PM or email at [email protected] and thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by fighterbynature View Post
    Hey all,

I just recently found this site through google and am gald I did you seem to have alot of good info on CNC operation and programming and I am curious if anyone may be able to help me, I have been working in machine shops for the past ten years off and on and I am wanting to get into the programming side of things but dont really know where to start, looking into some certifications courses and stuff but looking for suggestions so if anyone can help me out please send me a PM or email at [email protected] and thanks!!
    Your best bet is to find your local National Tooling and Machining Assoc, NTMA, chapter. They offer training. Also, many community colleges offer night school as well.
    March boldly into the 90's my man.

Well i guess I'll be one of the 2/5s members.

Hi guys, I've been looking at this site for quite a while and I'm inching ever closer to buying / building a hobby cnc. I mainly want one to learn the art and the high functionality that could be offered from one.

I figure I'll mainly try out some project surface mount pcbs and i have a few 3d models that i would like to have in real life, any time I've talked with machine shops, the price of 3 projects would probably cover a hobby cnc.

I guess i'll meet you guys later, I'm sure there's some good information here.

Hi Everyone!
    I am A Maintenance Mgr for a Window Fabrication Company.
    I came looking for any knowledge I could find on Elumatec Machining Centers.
    Also have various equipment to maintain that work off of Linear controls and CNC principles.
    Corner cleaners, Welders, Glass cutters, Saws and process equipment.
    All of which I have learned to program and maintain myself. Also have some CAD experience. With many years of of mechanical experience as a service tech on various equipment like forklifts, conveyors, scales, balers, trash compactors, various commercial cleaning equipment.

Some of this equipment here is fairly new in it's application. I find myself making design changes to the equipment to improve it's usefulness and down time.
    So i design, machine and implement those changes. Use a old Bridgeport circa 1961. Still in pretty good shape.

Knowledge is a good thing and what better way to enhance ones knowledge then from others that work on or use similar equipment.
    There is always different ways to accomplish the same out come. I hope to find some that I can apply to improve performance of the equipment here.

Any one with knowledge of Elu equipment would appreciate some of your knowledge. Was wondering if off the shelf CAM programs can be used to interface with the Elu.

Thanks

I would like to say hello to all and that this is my first post here. I have a metal fab buisness that is getting into cnc plasma/flame cutting and bending.
    We added solidworks last year and are slowly comming up to speed with it as this is our first experience with any kind of cad/cam. We primarilly do heavy fabricating with manual machines and are currently upgraging our equipment to at least get us into the late 20th century.
    I hate to say, but I am a bit of a "dinosaur" and this is a whole new world for me and the rest of the crew. I am looking forward picking up some of the knowledge I have seen here.

Best regards, Dan (dc53)

hello

Hi everyone, Ive been reading this forum for sometime, and have found it very informative. I teach engineering at a high school in Australia and we just purchase our first CNC machine, a Shark pro. The kids will start using it in the next few week, and i will direct them to this forum for all the too hard questions. We are also getting a laser cutter in the next few week, so the kids will go nuts. Just something else the shark didnt come with any sort of speed control on the router that came with the machine, so I had a broken router with a speed controller which i removed and was able to wire into the sharks router. The result has been very good as the sharks router was very noisy running at full speed, and it is better for cutting plastics at the lower speeds.
    Thanks for all the great info and DXFs on this site.

Don't know nuthin!

Hello everybody. Well I am a systems admin for a sign company and we have several router tables. I don't know anything about them except that they use cnc7. Hopefully this place will help me with the day to day stuff that keeps going wrong with these machines.

I'm in field of science for over 30years.
    I have purchased CNC Novakon NM-200 and some of machinery for mechanical part od my lab.
    I'm very much involved i field of "free energy" for free to everyone.
    Sound like joke?
    No it is NOT!!
    You want to entertain yourself than go to
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFZ5BXq8jk0"]YouTube - English Translation SR 193 Replication of Kapanadze Device[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFZ5BXq8jk0"]YouTube - English Translation SR 193 Replication of Kapanadze Device[/nomedia]

So do not be surprised at the end of year 2012

That what has triggered my activity
    And me going back to machinery as part of my lab.

You may see similar attempts in
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcuINqlaH6w"]YouTube - Kapanadze ? WOLNA ENERGIA PRZYGOTOWANIA I PROGRES video#11[/nomedia]

Basic:
    3second after starting device all power is disconnected and with no battery of any kind say 5KW to 100kW (Kapenadze project)
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV560xfYSJ0&playnext=1&list=PLEC9E096F42A8 A3EC"]YouTube - FREE ENERGY GENERATOR BY KAPANADZE 100 KW - PART -1[/nomedia]
    Thank you for your attention

If I will need some help I will ask you for one.So far I'm OK.

Hello All

Hi just like to start off by saying that I have virtually no experiance with CNC anything but I have always been intrigued with it. I woke up one morning a few weeks ago and decided that I am going to build a CNC router. So i have been researching this and have happened across this site. So far I have found a lot of helpful info and will probaly spend a while longer researching it prior to begining my build.

Hello all, new member

I figured I should introduce myself here. I've been working in machine shops since I was 18, I started a few months after graduating high school. I didn't go to a technical school, instead I received on the job training at the first shop I worked at. I was a machine operator for the first 2 1/2 years, and a "setup guy" for the last 3 1/2.

I have since left that job and have started a new one, working for a much more modern company since May 2010. Right now I'm working with a Hurco VMX30. I received minimal training on the machine, so I'm basically learning as I go (I got roped into a pretty crummy circumstance with training - the only guy in the shop who knew the WinMax system didn't give me enough training, and he just took a job elsewhere). I'm also trying to learn Mastercam X5 on my own so I can effectively edit DXF files to program the Hurco.

Needless to say, I'm struggling a bit and thought it would be smart to join this forum and tap into some free 'net knowledge

Hello Everyone, I've been checking this site for a while now and am very happy to see the vast knowledge that people have to offer.
    I'm in the Elevator Industry, building, installing repairing for about 15 yrs.
    Out of highschool I worked in a few machine shops and enjoyed it very much
    but at the time pay was a big issue so I changed careers.Now Im slowly getting back into it but on my own. I also own A fabrication buissiness that has also kept me busy. I see the cnc aspect as a huge benefit toward my buisiness as well, Thank you for all the great ideas and info.

My first CNC attemtp from Spain

Hello everybody,
    I write you from Spain and I read you all on the forum since months now.
    I'm planning to make my own CNC machine the best I could afford and featings my needs.
    Max materials dimensions to cut, wood to 50 mm and inox to 20mm.
    1200 x 900 mm cutting area, servo motors, alu and inox base.
    Well, this is the idea, but like a newbie that I'm the process will be long and hard, je, je..
    See you here.
    nachin11

starting cnc shop in georgia

well ................ a part time cnc shop for now. i have a 3 axis cnc knee mill. nothing big, great, or fancy, but she runs. only had it running 3 weeks, looking for jobs to do in the evenings and on weekends and hopefully self employed one day. i have been a machinist about 13 yrs now. even did some mechanic work along the way at assembly plants. also very little electrical and welding. ran and programmed wire edms for a while. i have access to cad/cam for complex parts. i worked for an automotive die shop for a while also and did some reverse engineering one some dies, as well as the shimming, sharpening side of it. anyhow, im in west georgia. my email is [email protected] thanks and good luck everyone.

hallo, I'm Jan Venter from South Africa. Glad for the privilege to join CNC ZONE. Don't have a lot of CNC experiance but always some grait ideas.

Do any body know some good connections in South Africa, where the home users of CNC can go to buy some good spares, without paying an arm and a leg.(will be much apretiated)

Jon here, I know nothing about cnc but am about to start my journey into it, I have a Heiz S1000 but have no clue about cutters or feed rates or basically anything but heck I am going to learn.

Hello
    My name is Jorge and I'm from Brazil.
    I recently graduated at an Engineering university and now I would like to build my own CNC machine.
    Found this forum while googling.
    Hope I can help someone and that someone can help me. ^^

At.te,
    Jorge Gomez

Roger from Ohio

Hello.

My name is Roger and I live in Oh. I have been into CNC for 20 years or so.

I started the hard way by deciding to build everything from the mechanical compnents to the electrical controls. Ended up designing and building a micro controlled chopper drive.

After getting everything to work properly, I decided that I had spent far too much time designing and not enough time actually running my machine.

For all later versions, I bought drives from someone else.

Currently building a 2 ft x 3 ft cnc which will use industrial servo motors for all four axis and an eight pole servo for the spindle so that I can do tapping on the fly.

I still write embedded code for a living but when it comes time to play, I choose g-code.

Nice to meet everyone on here.

Roger

mazak center language

Hi,
    I have a Nexus vertical MCHINING CENTER.It,s language is german an I gonna change it to English.
    Can anybody help me?
    Thanks

Page 103 of 422 35393101102103104105113153203