586,494 active members*
2,841 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 15 of 422 513141516172565115

First time poster, but not the last

Hello to all:

This is the first time I posted. I'm been urged to post. I've been visiting the site periodically but I never posted.
    I am andrew888. I am a inventor. I am just finishing a robot to help disabled people walk.
    Necessity is the mother of invention. I had a problem and I think I've solved it. I didn't know anything about electronics before
    my robot but, I think I can now tackle a simple CNC router. I will need all of the advice you all can give.
    What is the best do-it-yourself router you have in your download archives? Maybe I should say the one most built by the group.
    Jgro? I don't have much money. But it could help me build prototypes.

Hi Everyone,
    I've been learning a lot in this forum for the past few months. Glad to finally register and join you guys. I've been working in a machine shop for a while and just been relocated to the programming department with goals of helping the company get to the next level. I'll be here learning something new everyday.

My First Post

I have been browsing all the informative articles and gleaning what I could from the experiences of others. I am a babe in the woods on this subject but somewhat good at mechanical and electrical trades. I find building a CNC router to be a great idea and challenge. I am building a model that incorporates what I think are the best of several designs and I am building it more robust to make it last longer and hopefully a little more accurate. I have completed my break out board and one axis driver and have the boards and components for the other two, (it is time I need most.) I have all the materials I need except for 2 more stepper motors and spider couplers. I will post more info when I am complete. If it doesnt work out, I might just keep my mouth shut and try again!!!!

I have learned so much from this site and Piminmo.com. I would never have tried to build this project without all the free technical help and advice. I guess the only question I have is: How good are the stepper motors from Keeling that are advertised, I am looking at getting two 200+ oz/in for my x and y axis. My z axis is complete due to a lucky find on EBAY. Thanks.

Donald Bain [email protected]

Question 1st timer

Hi,
    I'd like to thank the worldwide contributors to this one-of-a-kind site. The ingenuity and attention to detail is totally fascinating.
    I'm a student beginning this fall, and am wondering if anyone is familiar with Grizzly brand machinery and retrofits? (all made in China)...

http://plsntcov.8m.com/grizzley.html

http://www.cncmasters.com/Mill_Drill...ofit%20Kit.htm
    =====

www.ethanolrfa.org

Cellulosic Ethanol

Hello I am a new member here.
    I have owned a ShopBot PRT96Alpha for about 2 years now, and am very happy with it.
    I run a business called Stator Gator and make R/C helicopter products.
    I am located in Virginia.
    Good to be here
    Tom

Hello,
    I am very new to the whole cnc community. I have been operating a motionmaster cnc router with a fagor 8050 control for about 4 months and went, with the help of a cnc programming class at the local community college, from not even knowing how to turn on the machine to doing all the drawing, programming, and cutting. While I have yet to get the machine to reach its full potential, (the tool changer won't work and the 4th and 5th axis is not yet in use) I am confident that I will be able to max out the potential of the router which will enable the company I work for to look into further ways of keeping most manufacturing in house.

Hello to Everyone,
    I am a Facilities Mgr. and Maintenance Mgr. for a small CNC shop, and have found this site to be very rewarding for Fadal and Haas repairs. I would like to thank the guy's that "post" their knowledge and experiences, when it comes to repair problems. Thanks, :cheers:
    Joe

hey,

my name is Josh i recently graduated high school. while in school i spent half day a voactional school where i took machine technology. class was great taught me the basics of everything. I work full time at a shop called Pro-Gram Engineering we make main caps for fords,gm,chrysler and imports its a great place becasue i love cars and machining. I currently run a Johnford SV-45 mill and Johnford tc-50 lathe we also a Fadal 3016 and 4020. I look forward to learning as much as i can here

What's a chip sweeper?

I'm new to this forum why does it say chip sweeper under my username? :cheers:

hi. I'm a cnc programmer. working with ugs nx4
    i had plans to make my own cncmill and this side
    has give me a lot of insperation. thanks a lot.

Snack

Hello,
    I'm looking into purchasing a laser cutting machine for model airplane use. Back in high school I did some cnc router work in my drafting class. My roommate, a member here has a Taig CNC mill, so I know some of the lingo.

I'm here to learn as much as I can before I take the plunge. I'm looking for a 30-80 watt laser, perhaps one of the Universal lasers.

--Paul

Hey everybody!

I'm just another machine shop owner who has joined your ranks.

I'll be lurking most of the time....

Hey. Just registered and first post here. Looking forward to picking up some info.

Thanks for the site.

Hi everybody!

Axl's here from Italy!
    I'm totally new to cnc and I'm trying to design out a cnc router (but actually just sketching some lines on paper and lurking cnc experts infos and projecs )

(And, for now, sweepin' the chips on the floor is just what can I do )

Bye!
    Axl

Hi everyone,Carlo here ,awful glad i found cnczone,but now i dont know where to start lol!
    I've given a deposit on a french made cnc lathe-mill combo which has some electronic problems.I figure i would have paid at least twice as much to get a similar machine,minus the motors etc...
    I havent found anything on this machine on the web yet but when i finally pick it up,ill have more info and take it from there.
    The name is something like Syderic mat-labo,paid 800 canadian for it,and i hope to retrofit some sort of universal controller built from various components available today,although i dont know where to start for that apart from identifying the motors,which i guess should be steppers.
    Anyone with tips,info,etc please feel free to send a message,it'll be greatly appreciated!!!

Does anyone know of cnc workshops taking place in canada,preferrably near montreal?I'd travel around canada if there was nothing goin on nearer to home,thanks in advance!!!

Hi.

Hello everyone.
    Been lurking for a few years now. Never post because usually someone has already answered my question before I ask it. Thanks for the great info.
    Current Projects are 4 x 8 cnc router/plasma table. Purchased products are Gecko drives, DeskCNC control board and software, Turbocnc, Bobcadcam-V19, AutoCAD, TurbocCAD, V-Carve, Xylotex control board, Journeyman Tree mill with Dynapath control, Harbor Freight mill drill converted to cnc. And yes this is just my hobby. I work as a Maintenance Supervisor for Delphi Automotive Systems. Where we have all the great toys like S3 and S4 ABB robots. Anyway Thanks for the great web site.
    James

Hello Bear it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

O.K.
    Have been busy,So Hello ,still around
    Later.
    Bear

Arkybill

Hello,
    Bill is the name. Have just got my building moved in. Am going to be in the process of turning it into a machine/workshop. Am looking around the machining sites to pick up all the knowledge and know how I can get my hands on. I have looked around at equipment and have found a lathe and miller/driller in my budget range. Will be buying them one at a time and setting them up. My machine work will mainly be devoted to my other interest which is gem cutting. I found a mini lathe and miller of the chinese persuasion for 399.99 plus shipping of 63.57, from cummins industrial. anyone got any pros and cons concerning these machines? If so speak before the end of October or forever hold your peace. Hope to get to know you, until then fair winds and following seas.

Bill

Hello , New At Cnc Looking For Info.

Page 15 of 422 513141516172565115