586,042 active members*
3,748 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 155 of 422 55105145153154155156157165205255
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 8431
    Nice to know your guys here.

Hello from NY! I cant believe i haven't found this site yet lol! Anyway we run a Cincinnati CL-940 fiber laser and a regular old 3 axis mill with a couple press brakes here

New here, I think it is fantastic all this knowledge brought to all of us from all of us. I program and run mostly Haas Mills, and use Autodesk Inventor and Featurecam.
    I learned programming on an old FADAL so anything I might be able to help with please let me know. I would love to be able to help, because I am sure that I will be getting a lot more help than I am giving.......So thank you to all in advance.

Hi All -- Newly registered today, but a long-time lurker. I have a CNC mini-mill and plan to build a DIY CNC router/lathe. There is so much good info on this forum, I don't know why I never registered before today.

Hi all,

I got a background CNC machining in wood based products. Been working with a lot of Euro machines. CMS, MAKA, IMA, P. Bacci, Biesse, PADE etc etc. Nice to be part of such a large community.

Cheers

Hi all, newbie here really interested in cnc.

Hi

Newbie interested in cnc

Hey all,
    Im a watchmaker interested in trying to use cheap-ish cnc's to start my own workshop. See you around the forums

Hello everyone,

Im a hobby prop maker from Melbourne Australia. I have been making props using 3D printing for the past year and have now expanded my interest into CNC, having recently purchased a 3040CNC.

I mainly make costume props for sci-fi, mostly so far they have been Star Wars related and I have published the models here:

About AprilStorm - Thingiverse

The reason I have got a CNC is to mill some of my larger props which take way too long to 3D print. So Im really looking at milling 3D objects in wood or styrofoam.

Im struggling a little to get started and am curious to know what CAM software people prefer for 3D models?

Newbie here, son teaching me how to use CNC, we plan on building a vacuum table, any suggestion ? Need one that is 4 x 10

Hey guys I am what I consider a shade tree machinist LOL!, I am a volunteer firefighter with 5 children and love playing around with metal. I love to make things and get a lot of satisfaction from making things

Hi

Owner of a small ski manufacturer in Colorado. We have a Freedom Machine Tool 4x8 Router for shaping materials for ski production. Hoping to get some help troubleshooting some issues with our CNC since I'm pretty new to CNC.

Hi Everyone,

I'm setting up a small ski building workshop. Currently everything is done by hand, but if we are to progress, we need to take the work out of what we are doing and let a machine take over ) Thank you to those who have already built this resource!

As a former employee of LHR technologies, the producer of the carvewright machine, I feel that I can say this with full confidence: DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR YOUR MONEY!! I have seen first-hand the way these people do business and you will be extremely disappointed! You’ll spend more time and money trying to get this machine to work properly than you will carving. Sure it works out for some people but for most it is merely a time bomb. But its not all bad! For instance it can be a very educational experience. You’ll learn new and exciting terms and phrases such as but not limited to: Z-axis stall, y-axis stall, x-axis stall, clear board sensor, edge detection failure, check board for problems, stuck compression roller, and of course, please close cover. So please please please heed my warning and avoid this machine at all costs!!
    CarveWright Wood Carving Machine Review check out more reviews for yourself...

My names Cris and I started to learn machining in 1986. In 1990 I joined the Army as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Airborne. (did the 2 years and training commitment) In 1994 I returned to the workforce as a machinist. 1995 started to learn cnc programming and have been doing it ever since. Been using all Milltronics VMC's. I'm currently programming and running a Milltronics VM20 EXT with 8200 control. My company designs builds and programs ergo tooling for companies such as John Deere,GM,Chrysler,Ford,Tesla,Caterpillar, ETC... I program using Ezcam, have used Mastercam a little bit, and also program at the control depending on the situation. Always interested in the latest and greatest technology.

I've used Mastercam which is very pricey, and am currently using Ezcam which is very affordable and quite a bit easier to use. 3D machining is quite simple to do using Ezcam and has a variety of toolpaths. Also has online support (can control your computer while you watch) Mastercam also very good, but like I said alot more money and takes quite a bit of training. Ezcam you can be running a 3d program in a day. What CAD software are you using?

Hi Guys and Gals,

I own a tiny business making dirt modified bodies for RC cars. For the past 3 years I've been doing all the work by hand. I now have a ZenBot 1624 on the way and will be reading through this forum daily to learn as much as I can.

Good day, Guys! My name is Aleksandr.
    I am software engineer of postprocessors. I started to develop postprocessors in 1995. I am currently programming CNC such as Sinumerik and MillPlus.
    Out manufacturing plant works with Boeing and other russian manufactured plants such as Irkutsk Aviation Plant, Ulan-Ude Aviation plant, Arsenyev Aviation Complex "Progress", National Research Irkutsk State Technical University and of Saint-Petersburg.
    I am always interested in the latest and greatest software news.
    http://www.postprocessor.pro

Hi - My name is Bruce. I've been writing and modifying Ladder Logic on Fanuc controls since the early 80's. I've also done extensive work with Macro programming on Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Okuma and others. My company is primarily involved in modifying machinery for connecting post process measuring systems, robots, and tool monitoring systems. As much as I have learned about the machines I can always learn more - particularly about machining and mechanical aspects.

Hey all,

Page 155 of 422 55105145153154155156157165205255