586,089 active members*
3,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 291 of 422 191241281289290291292293301341391
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 8431

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

hay friends, I am a maintenance technician at one of the office buildings.
    I joined this forum to learn, I am from Indonesia
    Thank you

thanks

Hello, I am somewhat new to cnc, I've made a couple little cnc machines like a disk drive powered laser burner (ebay laser, just used the cd carriages for movement and arduino GRBL controls) and I've worked with some larger hardware before too.

I was originally looking for a way to start milling large objects and stumbled upon the Gingery series of books and was going to combine a few of the different ideas in them to make a more rigid multipurpose machine (horizontal/vertical mill with lathe capabilities) with my metalcasting skills I've used for aluminum knife handles but due to unforseen circumstances I have had to close down my shop and start over again in a 4x5 storage room at our new apartment. After much more research I have determined that a quality CNC mill would be the most productive for the space that I have so I found this forum to do most of my research for my new project. My other gingery thread was titled "gingery rigidity" on alloy avenue forums. I'll start another thread with a few more details and ideas I have. Thanks for all the information this forum has provided while I was just lurking around as a nonmember, hopefully I'll be able to add to this great knowledge base.

Hi all... Looking forward to enhancing my skills and knowledge!!!

Hi, and thanks for all the info provided here, I hope to learn more and also contribute.

Hi, I joined to get more information on a Plasma build as well as a router and 3d printer. Plasma for steel parts, the router for foam and the printer for PLA used for lost casting in alloys. Thanks for the membership.

hi im new and looking to learn all I can about cad/cam and post processors

Hi, Nice to meet you all, I am from Malaysia, I am very new with the forum like cnczone, and also very new to CNC, Just started work in a workshop with a CNC Vertical Milling Machining center. I am here to start my learning about CNC. Many thanks to CNCZone and all member here to give me a chance for leaning

:banana:hello,

Hi there,

Im Miguel Carneiro from portugal. In the past i've worked on automotive prototipation with a homemade CNC 3axis but at moment i'm working with a 3axis cnc for moldes ( molding ).
    Anything just ask

Regards from Portugal

hello all!
    i am not in the feild of mechanist but my father had a cnc router. He bought it 4years ago and there has a problem he could not fixed. So it had been laid down for years without using it. I do want to help him and want to let that thing run .

Hello Everyone,

I've been in the metal working business for over twenty years in the USA. Programming for the last 12 or so, mostly old school hand writing code but the last few years we have invested in several new software packages to help out. Just bored here at work thanks to the time saved by using the new software so I figured I would register at the ZONE and check it out.

Thanks for the awesome site .... Brian

Hello Everyone,

My dad and I run a knife making business and do a lot of the work using CNC milling. We've been at it for about 3 years now. Still learning lots! I do the CAD and CAM work and we both operate the machine. I look forward to exploring this awesome forum! I'm sure I'll have questions for you at times and I hope I can answer some questions too. I've got a good amount of experience with Rhino3D and sprutcam. The mill we use is a tormach pcnc1100 (I know it is a toy compared to the professional grade machines, but it does what we need!)

cheers,
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by MDEngrave View Post
    Hi, I'm Maya! I own a small custom engraving shop in Utah, USA. MD Custom Engraving LLC. I have a small 4-axis mechanical CNC engraver. I love it when people come to me with crazy requests and I get to be creative! I went through several machining courses after I got out of the Air Force. I love the craft. I am in the process of acquiring a large format laser engraver (engraving area 3 feet by 4 feet). I can't wait to expand!
    I look forward to getting to know you all!
    Where abouts in Ut.?

hi there every one I'm a developer in led technology but also build cnc machines as a hobby hope to find help and also off help if I can.. Im in the Uk and you can see some of my work on youtube.

Hi, my name is Reinaldo from Venezuela. I am new in CNC controller so i need to learn a lot to start to have fun with it.

Hello everyone. I am a Machinist with 37 years experience, but believe it or not, I am just learning Mastercam.
    I started the trade on manual machines which then developed into learning Hurco conversational. I will be retiring soon
    after almost 31 years with the same company. Will be purchasing a CNC mill to continue my endeavors at home.
    Unlike alot who retire from the trade and decide not to pursue it any further, I still happen to love it, and the results
    of the finished product. I look forward to learning and understanding CAD/CAM at its fullest, and its relationship to
    the CNC machine.

Just joined. I come from a home building/construction background. Trying to start a small wood working shop that I hope to grow to a full time business. A cnc machine will be at the heart of it. Currently I have a Shapeoko3 run by Carbide Motion. I am using VCarve Desktop to produce Gcode.

Just joined!

I have done a lot of RC Kit manufacturing with hand-held routers and machines as well as 15 years using a CNC laser. I have plenty of 2D and 3D CAD experience which I believe will help with the learning curve as I move into CNC Routing and being able to shape wood and aluminum.

John

Hi. I'm Tampurot and I'm from Italy. Learning a little bit about lasers and designs. Your board is rich with useful information. Thank you so much for this. Ciao.

Page 291 of 422 191241281289290291292293301341391