586,106 active members*
3,165 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 298 of 422 198248288296297298299300308348398
Results 5,941 to 5,960 of 8431

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hello,

I am just looking to see if/where I could order a costum-cut piece of acrylic sheet here.
    Not sure if this is the right place for it.

Hello! My name is David, I'm from Italy and I work as freelance with mould makers using CAD/CAM systems.

Nice to meet you all!

Hello everyone, I'm just an 18 year old guy who loves anything that chooches.

Hi, I am just looking into linuxcnc/machinekit for cnc work, and want to learn more about it.

Hi Folks

Hi,everybody.i need to Fanuc O-TT programming manual. help me please.

Hello Everyone,
    I'm just finishing off a CNC router I bought unfinished off of someone that started the project and then lost interest. It is based on the original buildyourcnc.com design I think. My plan is to use it to build one of Dave Gatton's CNCSIDEWINDER designs. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced router to start out with?

Saying hello as I'm new to the forum. And curious if the forum in is the middle east. The threads are backwards and forces me to read bottom to top in order to read a thread. And the page order is backwards as well. This is not normal for us Westerners.

Quote Originally Posted by atarijeff View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm just finishing off a CNC router I bought unfinished off of someone that started the project and then lost interest. It is based on the original buildyourcnc.com design I think. My plan is to use it to build one of Dave Gatton's CNCSIDEWINDER designs. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced router to start out with?
    You have to go into your settings and change the thread display order to 'oldest to newest' (or something like that).

Yeah I figured it out. On most other forums that is the default setting. Guess they do things a little different here.

Hey everyone,

Been working with machines for a few years now, first job out of college was running a simple 4'x8' 3 axis which I eventually began programming for using BobCAD. Soon after that I was offered a job with an aerospace manufacturer doing basic shop work as well as learning how to use the 5 axis cnc. A few months after that the machinist was let go followed by the programmer quitting, so I got thrown into programming and running the 5 axis router with very little training! I've learned a lot from the zone and hope to contribute as I become more familiar with everything. Later!

-Chris

Hi all!

Hobbyist in metalworking and CNC machining, a professional mechanical design engineer. I have a 3-axis Fanuc controller Argo A1 VMM and just purchased an Okuma LB15. Any info on the lathe is highly appreciated, I'm a complete newbie in CNC Lathe working.

Hi all here,

I´m new here and like to introduce myself real quick:

Born 55 years and some months ago, I found my way to blacksmithing and knivesmithing and making. The needed machines like grinders, hydraulic press and such I make on my own, developed different tools for my work and just got done with a little CNC milling machine. For this little beast it took me almost five years to finish it and finally got it done with the maximum help of a good friend.

Show you some pics later on in a new thread.

Freddie

HI All I'm a R&D Engineer out of Boston Mass. I work for a small processing equipment manufacturer designing new products for varies bio tech industries. Its really nice to meet you all

Greetings all. My name is Brad Cantrell and I am new to this place. Well, kind of new. I was a member a few years ago when I tried to get some help with a 3D printer I bought. Eventually trashed that project and printer because it was all made out of acrylic and broke all the time. Made a friend on here who has help me with some other projects (Thanks Carl). Now I have rejoined this group looking to get into a CNC MDF router. I am still UBER new to the CNC world so I need a good thread to start reading up on...like CNC for Dummies. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

Brad

Hi. My name is Brian, but had to use my dogs name to register. There must be a lot of Brians on here.

I am an Electrician who has just been gifted a broken BF20 Vario mill. I've always wanted a mill to add to my collection, alongside my old Myford 6" Lathe and various other tools. I like to make things, so getting it working will be great.

I'll be posting this in another thread as well, but ive traced the fault to the AC-DC rectifier board, which runs the DC motor. It has blown up one of the diodes on the heat sink but it has obliterated the front of the diode package so i cant see what type it is. I have identified the other 4, 3 of which are D8020L 20amp, 800 volt diodes, and the other is a S6025L 25amp, 600volt Thyristor, but i have no idea what the blown up one is.

Does anyone have a circuit diagram of the actual rectifier/speed control board or could take a photo of one so can identify the diodes, specifically the 4th device from the left in the row of 5 on the heatsink. I have a wiring diagram for the mill itself but unfortunately it doesnt show the circuits of the controls boards.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have been to the Forum a few times in the past and is good to see a Positive community of people giving Positive answers which encourages other readers to get involved in the discussions.

My first visit to the CNC ZONE was to find out more information in regards to the Tormach range of machines.

In Australia we do not have this type of Forum available (Well as much as I know of anyway) so is good to finally become a member and get involved in the discussions and get feedback from more experienced people.

My own business which I operate on a Part Time basis is mainly a Repair Shop (well that was my intentions when setting up the business) but it seems I now do more manufacturing of parts than repairing them.

So brings me to some of the reason why I became a member of the Forum.

At the moment I am trying my best to increase the amount of work that I can undertake and slowly increase to the point where I can be doing it on a Full Time basis.

I am looking around for ideas to slowly build by maybe purchasing a small CNC Lathe or Mill as there is work out there available if I can get the Volume to match the Price which is one of the biggest problems with Production Parts.

For example there is a job which is currently undertaken by another business large rings approximately 450mm OD x 350mm ID x 40mm Thick (18''x14''x1.5'') it is a large job for my current machines but I can make fixtures to undertake this type of job. (Dollars And Sense) Material Price $180 job Price $250 100 pieces at a time but not much left in it for me (so Volume does not always equal Dollars) which in most cases seems to be the fact.

So this also brings me to a question how much for how much.
    Volume normally equals dollars but your percentage per part goes down as a rule, but how fast are the Tormach CNC machines as they are a small machine of course I understand I will not be undertaking jobs as mentioned above.
    The type of work I would expect to do is on a CNC Lathe, bar size 50mm (2'') Dia with various types of machining to be undertaken.

I like the look of the CNC mills but I am a little worried about the CNC Lathe looks a little to small but they are a hobbyist type of machine I guess.
    Has anyone got any ideas of what else is available as I am still having growing pains with my current business and money is still a limiting factor.

Any information would be very Helpful.
    And thanks for reading my life story.
    Regards Peter

Hi, I am Rudy, I work as a teacher in a technical school, mostly in the automation department. Together with our mechanical department we are building a CNC-machine.

Quote Originally Posted by jaep View Post
    Greetings from NC! I found this site while looking for a solution to a recent problem. I regretfully and recently upgraded to Windows 10. It was causing problems with an older Wire EDM machine so we decided to wipe the pc and do a clean install of Win 7 HP. After multiple attempts at reinstalling Esprit 2013, I was finally able to generate toolpaths. However, it will not group multiple features together. It will only create multiple individual chains. Any suggestions? I've looked thru all the settings and options that I can find with no luck.Thanks in advance!
    Yeah go back to the windows u had before win 10 is no better right now a lot of drivers no compatability or issues with older programs

Hi my name is Mike, and I am from the USA, I like my CNC machine.
    I would like to find more friends in electronics and CNC hobby.
    My CNC machine is only for a hobby.

Page 298 of 422 198248288296297298299300308348398