586,075 active members*
4,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 299 of 422 199249289297298299300301309349399
Results 5,961 to 5,980 of 8431

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hello. I come from the 3d printing world and I'm here to steal your ideas for that type of CNC. Although, I do want to make a nice CNC mill or small router table in the near future, so maybe I'll reverse-steal some ideas back to the subtractive world.

chiming in...
    I'm in product design and development and currently designing a cnc tooling center.

Im working with a Doosan mv 4020 and reset as the tools were changing, ATC interlock alarm no. 2080, how do I fix this?

Hello everyone!

I'm a software engineer by trade, spending most of my hard earned money to fund pet projects. To that end, I bought a used Chinese 9x20 lathe a couple months ago, and have been upgrading it and learning manual machining on it ever since. A CNC conversion was always planned, but I'm starting to look at the serious modifications like adding ball screws, so I figure it's time to ask some questions before I start making expensive mistakes. Already wasted $100 adding a couple cheap axes of DRO, mistakenly thinking that CNC is a closed loop system. D'oh!

just a student now. love electronics and cnc

Wife to a brand new CNC Hobbyist

Hello,

CNC and powder coating.
    Greetings from Poland!

Cynklak SC | Cynklak.pl

Just a Hobbyist that likes building things.

Formally trained in Electronics, but haven't used it much in several years. Just want to tinker with some ideas.

I do have a side business where I design and build some specialty diving products ... maybe I can use what I learn here to expand my product line.

Hello everybody!
    I'm a mechanical engineer and I'm just finishing my garage with some equipment... but just for hobby!
    Nice community here!

Hi all, I'm from Las Vegas, have a nice day to all!!!

Hi everyone, just looking to get some advice on a small cnc for my work shop. Thanks!

If anyone could give me some suggestions on where to start looking or post about this topic i would appreciate it!

Hi,

New here.
    Machinist for 20 years and now have my own machining company, called On-Point Machining.
    We're located in Pittsburg, CA.

Looking to network, and use this forum as a tool for continuing machining learning.

Hi

Also new - Does anyone know what is going on with Michael over at CNC Fusion? I have ordered the X2 large table coversion kit from him. I sent a inquiry a couple of weeks ago about when I would get it and got a reply stating the normal 3-4 weeks. I am now on week 6, and have sent two new inquiries but do not get any replies. I am realy looking forward to getting this so that I can start some serious CNC milling. I am hestitant to machine these parts my self, but i may have to soon and just cancel my order with him.

Hello,
    I'm Milica R&D engineer in my family owned sheet metal fabrication shop.
    We are using CNC plasma cutter for five years now, and I'm extremely interested in purchasing CNC laser cutter.
    So I've joined this forum to find out more about laser cutters for metal.

Best,
    M

I'm a mechanical engineer and have decided that I want to start doing some machining on my own. I grew up in my dad's machine shop and can't shake the bug. I've been around CNC macnines a bit and have always wanted to get into them but haven't had a good chance until now. I just purchased a BOSS 5 Bridgeport Series 1 mill and want to retrofit it to run with Mach3.

I feel like I have a decent understanding of the basics of machining, but my CNC understanding is lacking. I think I could learn just about anything. So with that said, any reference material anyone could point me to would be greatly appreciated. Anything from "CNC for Dummies" 40,000 ft view stuff to pointers with my machine would be helpful.

Thanks.

Lo and behold - My kit got sent today - O am I excited and looking forward to receiving it.

Hello all,
    I got spoiled with a friend's cnc router that we pushed into more of a mill. Now I am looking for all the info I can to build my own cnc mill.

Lots of time turning the handles but only a short time punching the buttons.
    Steve

I hail from Seattle. I am originally a machinist, went back to school to study mechanical engineering, then let go of the physical world to write software for a living. Now I do metal work for art and fun. Lately I've been combining plasma cutting (on a friend's 4x8 table), with machining on my old FP1 Deckel mill and cheap chinese lathe, and MIG/TIG welding. With the help of Autocad I can make a CNC table do anything, so now I have a real hankering for a 4ftx4ft CNC laser cutter that can do plate steel.

Hi All,

I'm a SW dude who built a momus a couple of years ago and it's been sitting collecting dust since.

I have a 3D printer on the way in the mail, but I still thing I should get some mileage out of my cnc router!

Sauce

Makerspace employee from Phoenix here. Just looking to get better with CAD/CAM and general design

Page 299 of 422 199249289297298299300301309349399