586,075 active members*
4,028 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 317 of 422 217267307315316317318319327367417
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 8431

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd View Post
    I was looking thru the list of users and was shocked to see that 3/5th or more of the members have ZERO posts.

I'd like to say WELCOME to all the new members, and to the old members that haven't posted.

I'd also like to extend an offer for you all to chime in and say hullo, mayhaps tell us what you do, how you're involved in CNC etc. We'd love to hear from you!!

(group)

'Rekd
    I am a new member and owner of a CNC machining business. We do a lot of close tolerance and cosmetically important work for the borescope manufactures.

Thanks

Gary

Hello all!

I am absolutely new to the CNC building world, although I have some experience on working with them, namely 3d printer and laser cutter.
    Since I intend to build a CNC router soon, I´ve come here to learn as much as I can and share experiences.
    I am from Brazil and hope to connect with people from all over the world.

Cheers!

Hi all,
    I just got my Machinist One degree as well as CAD Technician at a local college. Still have a couple of years of student AutoCad to play with
    Got started about 3 years ago when I built a dremel cnc from junk but quickly realized I didn't know how to run it. I rebuilt it while at school and just finished the mechanical refurb portion a couple of days ago.
    I'm presently researching how to connect and set up my Chinese VFD and spindle, since the manual is written in Chinglish. As luck would have it, I got one that didn't connect the ground internally to the spindle so I'm planning to just tie the ground off to a wire pass through cap screw. I live in Tennessee in the USA so my best power is 240 v @ 60 hz.
    I plan to do wood, soft metal machining as well as circuit boards. Hopefully, long term, I'll build robots to modernize factories.
    I have some schooling in electronics, instrumentation, programming, and robotics but have made my most enjoyable living, building cabinets and furniture, back before the housing bubble burst.
    I get un-orthodox sometimes, lol. I once turned a Jacobs arbor taper on a mill. Also milled a toolpost slot on a lathe.

I'm a woodworker in San Francisco. I've got a CNCRP 4896 and a Jtech laser on it, too.

Hey all,

I'm a student doing a MechE undergraduate degree, and I'm currently doing a project which involves making a tabletop CNC router. I've been perusing this site for weeks now and it's been really useful, so I finally got around to making an account!

Paul

Hi everyone, I thought I'd write a bit more about myself.

My name is Gav, I’m 44 and live in Sydney.
    I’ve been lurking around this site for many years now. Both learning and gleaming ideas from other peoples posts. Thank you for all of that. But now I’m trying to build a new CNC. My last one was built out of old fly screen doors and some motors with a control board off eBay. All up less than $500AUS. (sorry I’m such a cheap skate) It had a work area of 1800 x 900 and all ran on chain drives. (cheap remember) I had it in a mates factory but he closed it down and it got dismantled I did a lot of my learning on this. I only found out later that, when I was working at one of my old jobs, (plasma cutting steel sheets up to 50mm thick), that I was doing CNC work. The jobs would be sent to me from the office computers (using Vista), to me on my work station using Windows NT running a program called Burnie 2.5 (I think, long time ago) But the real kicker was that the office received them from Engineering using XP. So at my end they were totally useless. But I’d get a scaled engineers drawing. So from this I’d create a DXF and output it to Burnie. Little did I know that was G-coding. So when it came time with my CNC to create and edit G-coding for errors I was getting. It was easy. I thought it was a whole new language that I’d have to learn. But as it turned out I understood it. For me what I did in Burnie and in G-coding was a lot like DOS. But instead of a number and task, it’s a number with XYZ cordinates and speed, followed by another and another. There are short cuts like getting from A to B with an arc or with a decent. But I understood it and could see how it worked and usually how it would go. When using pre-coded programs in Mach3, a simulation would show me errors or parts I didn’t want to do. So I would go into the code and repair, remove, edit or rewrite them. I’m not as fast as other people at typing or writing code, but I don’t think it’s too bad for someone who’s never passed a single level of school in his life. I kid you not. I repeated year 9 and changed schools at the end of it and was told to try year 11. I’ve never done one day of year 10. I failed year 11 and was told to try year 12 anyway. In September that year I was told I won’t pass, so I should dropout now and get a job. Before all my friends finish and fill them all up. I have no qualifications or formal training. Most of what I know on this subject is from the internet and training manuals I have read, plus some experience. I’ve been working since I was 5y/o in my Dad’s printing business, so hard work is in my blood. I love using my hands and making things. The only things I excelled at were trade classes, Sheet metal, woodwork, automotive and engineering workshop. By the end of my first year 9, I had finished all the class projects up to the end of year 12. So I was given special permission to create new class projects and models. Including a lockable tool box and mechanically operated robotic hand. I was the first to mix EWP and woodwork classes together for multi class projects, and yet I still have nothing to show for it. My Wife believes in me, my kids believe in me, my Mum did too. For me that is enough. I built a CNC from rubbish and produced fine work with. I’ll upload some pic’s later. In this community I may not be able to articulate myself with the correct jargon but I do understand and I also know I still have much to learn. So far my greatest teacher has been me and my mistakes. Just remember to error is human, to really screw things up…you need a computer. Thanks for listening and I hope to learn much from all of you.

Gav.

P.S. - I’d like to meet other machinists locally to me.

Hi!everyone! I'm yhboy and I'm doing sheet metal fabrication. Laser cutting , plasma cutting , bending and rolling.
    Nice to see you here.

Hi I am trying to use an old machine and the easycut 2.0 programme. Anybody uses this please?

THanks

Boa Noite a Todos, sou do Brasil e pratico aeromodelismo, gostaria de saber se tem algum plano que eu possa construir minha propria CNC. Abraço á todos

I'm just experimenting with CNC for several applications in my shop and artwork. Having fits with the interface between the Mach 3 software and stepper motors. Much appreciate the forum.

I am a diy enthusiast, mostly metal and woodwork. Interested to build a cnc fabric cutter for car upholstery fabric. Also want to explore laser option for engraving glass, wood, etc

I have been using a CNC machine now for little over a year self taught but still need more training mostly make signs out of HDPE material for local government parks dept.

I am Michael, I am interested in metal fabrication works

Hello all cnc'ers, hope all is well.
    I need to find build plans to build my own 5x10 router table
    Doing this on a shoestring budget in the basement.
    I built my own 4x8 using a 3/4ply and routing the faceplate dimensions
    Then bolting a craftsman underneath. It's manual movement so not as accurate
    And realllllllly slow going. I'm watching g videos and everything. I just cannot find instructions
    On how to put it all together.
    Well that a big order to fill and if anyone has a resource I'd appreciate it.
    Thank you very much,
    JonnyBear

Hi, my name is Claus and I have a workshop in Japan. I recently ordered a High-Z S-720 portal milling machine and I hope, it can help me to produce nice guitar bodies and necks, PCBs and case/ front plate engravings.

Hi All
    just bought a 50w laser/engraver off ebay, waiting for it to turn up , so finding out all i can before i get it
    cheers

Trying to manage my way around your site. So, I'm not sure if I've posted an introduction successfully or not. My name is Jim and I'm experienced in 3D FFF printing but just recently bought a 3040 CNC machine. I'm retired military and trying to get a small business started where CNC would greatly aid me. I am having a Dickens of a time getting a refurbed computer running Mach 3 to properly interface with the machine. I've checked a few of your forums and corrective advice but I'm still not up and running. Looks to be a great group of thoughtful makers here. I hope I can get a little guidance from your vast toolbars of experience.

ola sou moises barbosa e tenho interesse em uma cnc facil de fabricar, desde já obrigado a todos.

Good morning all, new user and first post. I have been sorting through tons of CNC listings on the internet looking for a machine. I plan on buying a CNC machine soon and have lots of questions before I make the jump. Looking forward to getting some good advice on which way to go.

Hi. I am a luthier, bought a CNC, and I have ArtCam and Mach3 programs. I want to build guitars. Use the ArtCam for some jobs, but I wonder if it is good to develop the top of a Les Paul guitar, for example. I glanced at Solidworks and Rhino, but found it a bit complicated, and not found until now a course or a person who guide me the best thing to do. My questions: continue with ArtCam? Which program is best suited to build guitars - better = more practical, less complicated and has a good result. Three years have passed in the pursuit of this knowledge and answers. I appreciate it immensely if they could help me. Thank you all!

Page 317 of 422 217267307315316317318319327367417