586,075 active members*
4,155 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 351 of 422 251301341349350351352353361401
Results 7,001 to 7,020 of 8431

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hello everyone!! I'm looking for information i need and just want to be polite and welcome all )

Hello to Everyone,

Me and my friends have Chinese Laser ML-5030, with the tube power 45W , yes, the Company say it is 50W , but in any case, we are new to the whole laser story, we started working on this machine two months ago and we are trying to learn as much as possible about the machine and this "hobby job" .Reading a lot on internet we find this little nice place of CNC Zone site to became the part of community that have same thinking people like we are.

We hope that this is a nice start of beautiful friendship.
    Best regards.

Heavy equipment Caterpillar mechanic here, but have I have always had an interest it machining and have dabbled with some lathes and mills along with our plasma table at work. I build airboats for a hobby and will be adding a plasma table to my arsenal of tools. I will probably do more looking and research than talking, in my experience with forms it's best to read about twenty different post and form our own opinion, and yes I am sure my questions have already been asked a hundred times I just have to dig them up. Thanks for allowing access to decades of knowledge and experience, look forward to getting involved in another hobby

I'm timothy³

I make cool glowy things out of plexiglass, LEDs, microcontrollers, electrons and computation.

Complete and utter noob - never used a CNC machine.

Want to buy a first semi-pro cutter (is that a category even??) for almost exclusively plexiglass, but am open to using new materials...

All advice gratefully received, and hope to be able to pay back some of that knowledge some day.

Hey,

I'm Robert and I'm a DIY kind of guy. My father was a trim carpenter and I did that off and on for years. Love working with wood and just building things or making stuff. I work in IT these days and have always wanted to build a CNC machine to do some wood working with. I'm now considering building or buying a CNC machine and I came here to look for info and ask questions before I decide on what I want to do. Anyway that's enough for now.

thanks,
    Robert

Hi all! I´m Julio from Brazil. Just found a place close to work that do woodwork, and CNC. Wanna do some 3dpuzzles with then. Hope to find some cool stuff here.

Hey gang

My real job is in the military but I build some items out of wine barrels as a hobby. I'm looking to buy a laser and start doing my own laser engraving. I have zero experience doing this so I'm hoping I can leverage all the expertise that the team here brings. Hoping I can contribute as well...

Mitch

Hello i am a new user. from spain.

Hello Ososa,

Nice to meet you here. Jeans cutting is very popular in Mexico. Your factory use laser CNC 60w and 80w, right?

We are co2 laser tube factory to produce 50-150w co2 laser tube. Maybe we can talk more about the details.

Kind Regards

Emily Yan

Greetings to All.

I spent many years in Kodak's Camera Division Model Shop and was fortune enough to have been there when things were still made manually on Bridgeport mills, lathes, laying out sheet metal and cutting and filing it by hand, winding springs etc. off of drawings, and then, into the future where almost everything was designed and toolpaths created in Unigraphics CAD/CAM for producing on our CNC machining centers and Prototrak mills, 4' x 8' laser cutters, and, Stereolithography and Selective Laser Sintering additive manufacturing machines. During that span we went from building 1 or 2 working prototype cameras over 6 months to producing 5 to 10 prototypes in 2-3 weeks. (Kodak had over 120,000 employees when I started and I believe they're down to around 5-8 thousand ...)

I'm no longer at Kodak or in the machining industry but get my chip making fix as a member of the Rochester Makerspace where I'm pretty active supporting the wood and metal shops, 3D printers, and helping other members and visitors with their projects.

We currently have a 22" x 24" x 6" working travel CNC router that a member built. It's been great for surface machining in wood but has a wooden structure and crude linear rails and isn't accurate enough or stiff enough to machine aluminum or make good mechanical components.

Our membership recently swelled to 100 makers and we finally have enough income to start upgrading some of our equipment. High on the list is a larger and more capable CNC Router and converting one of our bench-top mills to CNC.

I'll be involved in helping define the specifications for the router and researching whether we will want to buy a used or pre-built machine, a kit, design and build one, or some combination of these.

I've been browsing the web for ideas and information and was impressed with the knowledge and experience of the members and their willingness to share.

Thanks in advance to everyone for the education and practical advice I know I'll gain from you.

Jay

I'm a mechanical and manufacturing technologist by day and a hobby machinist by night. I program, setup, and run a lot of CNC equipment (from Tormach to high end stuff) for work. My home shop is all manual machines, but I have 3 stepper drivers and motors for a few upcoming builds. I'm really interested in machine dynamics and vibration.

I blog online at www.thecogwheel.net

Hey everyone!

Guitarbuilder from northern sweden here! Have always been doing stuff by hand, but have now decided to board the cnc train. Just got my 3040z working, a lot thanks to the vast knowledge on this forum, so i decided to register and stop lurking. I am guessing i will run into problems along the way, and hopefully i can help someone else some day.

Hi all from Portugal

Im a software engineer, but in my freetime i love to make machines... already have a 3D printer, CNC, and a lot of drones.

Hope to learn more about the CNC, and help who need to.

Best Regards

Hello all

I'm from france
    I love to build things with metal as a hobbyist
    Thinking about building a plasma cutting table in the future but since i'm totally new to this, i hope i can learn a lot from this forum and you guys
    Best regards,

Hi all, CNC lathe machinist in England here, finished my apprenticeship 6 months ago. I'm not in a massive company so there's stuff we're learning all of the time. I work on a Doosan puma 2600m and have for about 18 months now, only worked on older Fanuc machines before that. Always trying to improve stuff in every way, hopefully some people on here can help me with making the most of the machine and doing some of the really clever stuff! Since I started on the Doosan lathe, I just enjoy solving the problems in a clever way, so any more knowledge about not just the machine but engineering on the whole would be great

I'm Neil and have been working 1 1/2 years manufacturing ceramic parts in a small firm. We have a few Hurco HMB1 CNCs which I am still learning about. My background is manufacturing and maintenance. At the minute I am using a DivisionMaster with a rotary table, and am having to pause the hurco and operate the DivisionMaster manually before continuing. The DivisionMaster is capable of communicating with a machine. I also noticed that in the "position" block in the Hurco program there is an option for "index pulses". Does anyone know if and how I could connect the rotary table and Hurco HMB1 to automate the process?
    I do not have a manual for the Hurco HMB1. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

Hello All,

I'm a hobbyist speaker builder looking to take my audio system builds to the next level with a desktop cnc machining system!

Hello there, I'm from Switzerland, I own a brand new Optimum BF 20 CNC self converted machine. I'm starting to produce everything I need in-house, mostly enclosures for my electronic devices. The level of fun incrases every day, help please!

Hello cnczone, old and new!
    I'm from NZ, I am design manager for a surveying and GIS firm.
    I design workflows for UAV surveying, I custom build UAV also (fixed wing and vtol).
    I have a 3D printer and old Rapman 3.1, still going strong - although could be updated!
    I am a trade qualified engineer, although I have been in design for about a decade+ now.
    I'm here because this is my passion, although neglected for many years, now feeling tired from the regular grind and want to look into 'making' stuff again - but things I want to create.
    I like human powered transport solutions and believe this along with electric powered is the future - maybe something like this will be a first project. Thanks
    Adam

hi I'm from Toronto Canada and looking to get started in building with cnc

Page 351 of 422 251301341349350351352353361401