586,655 active members*
4,145 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 50 of 422 40484950515260100150
Results 981 to 1,000 of 8431
    Hi everyone,

I am an Electrical and Electronics Engineering student from Turkey. I am studying at the TOBB University of Economics and Technology (www.etu.edu.tr). My hobby is Robotics and so I want to build a basic CNC machine that can help me about building the robot parts. At the same time building the CNC, I think, I can learn something about mechatronics that will be useful in my career. I am looking for hearing from anyone that can help me about the basics...

Regards...

Hi everyone!
    i've been lurking the site so long now!

my name is Emiliano and i'm from italy
    by the end of february ill get my electroninc eng. degree and i'll buy myself
    a CNC, 12"x12"x4" to get started in the milling world!
    i'll try to machine wood, acrylics and a little of aluminium, so expect to see me post thread like " please help me i can't do nothing " :P

i had project about building a cnc myself, but always delayed the start
    so i decided to just buy it !

expect some spec soon!

bye bye!

Components

Dear Emiliano, we can supply all you components and advice.
    Regards / Kevin
    www.worldofcnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaster1527 View Post
    Hi everyone!
    i've been lurking the site so long now!

my name is Emiliano and i'm from italy
    by the end of february ill get my electroninc eng. degree and i'll buy myself
    a CNC, 12"x12"x4" to get started in the milling world!
    i'll try to machine wood, acrylics and a little of aluminium, so expect to see me post thread like " please help me i can't do nothing " :P

i had project about building a cnc myself, but always delayed the start
    so i decided to just buy it !

expect some spec soon!

bye bye!

Hello everybody,
    My name is Lyndell.....I am new to CNC. it seems this forum is the place to learn and I'm ready. I will most likely lerk for a while. Too much cool stuff to process all at once.
    Thanks...Lyndell

Hydraulic Feed Horizontal band saw

Goood Evening:

Some time back Home Shop Machinist had an article about installing hydraulic feed on a horizontal Band Saw(late 1990's). Can not find that issue.

Does any one manufacture a good system at this time??

Thanks tinkertoy41

I am also new to this sport or job. I am looking forward to building a machine. I have David Steele's book and am starting to build the large one in the front. I have been eagerly watchinbg the machine built by Joe2000, I believe. I have been trying to download his plans that were supposed to be on the internet. I have not been able to receive any of the links that I found listed on the site. Can someone please help me? Loren

hi Bevan !
    Tell me, where are you in WBB, I can give you som clue about building a CNC machine.
    [email protected]

See you, Jorgen

Hello

Hi im Matt,

I reside in Australia, i found this forum from a topic discussion on www.overclockers.com.au which is a forum i am heavily involved in.

Looking forward to learning much from everyone here.

Hey how's things. We have a Haas VF# a Komo Butler and a Cincinnati Sabre 750, and I use Mastercam software. I have lurked this place for awhile and decided to acknowledge my presence. It goes without saying that I think this is a great site.

antother noob.

hello all. my name is Kevin and i am currenty building a X2 cnc. started the build with Nook ball screws (from cncfusion) and mounts, acquired some double stack pacific sci. motors, xylotex driver and old ?10 amp power supply? going to be running mach3 but need Cam sofware soon. dont know what im going to get. (dont have nor would i need 20k worth of software) but things are looking good. im mainly interested in firearm/trigger modifications. have several ideas but have yet to implament any (with percision.) soon enough. many thanks to the moderators for supporting this wealth of knowledge, and to all those who are willing to help the noobs without cynicism.

Smile Another noob

Hi all, I live in Plymouth Devon UK. Got a chester db7 lathe and looking to build a cnc router, I'll probably have a lot of questions later. Medically retired at the age of 45 due to a bad back injury so lots of spare time on my hands. Married 22 years to Jan with 2 kids emma and Jonathan. Trained in the army as vehicle engineer 6 years and worked for British Rail for 15 years as a multi skilled technician. Interests are science wildlife and computers. Pets Koi and tortoises. Nice to meet you all.

Hello to everybody!
    :cheers:

I'm also new to the forum!
    I work with a CNC Laser Machine with NUM 1060 controller.

Best regard to all,
    Stelios_25

Welcome All.

Mr Freon your just down the road from me eh!

Hi from the other side of the planet. I have just updated my password to one I can remember, and am now more likely to join in. I am in Hobart, Tasmania. (that is the island off the south coast of Australia. My time is GMT + 11) Hobart has a population of 200,000 people, and today is a beautiful summer's day, expecting a temperature of 31 degrees C. (what is that in F? high 80's, low 90's?) Check us out on Google Earth.
    I am a woodworker becoming interested in CNC routers, and Laser Engravers. Will probably want to discuss brand comparisons, parts, backup, etc. A friend is about to purchase a laser... Will be in touch, cheers, George

I am just a lurker where there is too much info to digest. I have not posted because I have nothing to add at this time. Bought a Joe 2006 kit in October 2007 and am just building slowly because of work schedules.

Smile Hello there...!

Well, I have been bit by the CNC bug. Thinking of building one ... a small one ... for starters to work on light machining and PCB routing. Still looking for parts in this part of the world ... they are expensive though.

Anyway, hello to all and hope I will pick up some good ideas soon.

clueless noob

Good afternoon,

My company just got a Syil X3 CNC Mill. I did research on this forum on which one to purchase for an "extreme hobbyist" and chose this model (based on our needs and budget). I have no milling experience and have no idea what I am doing.

Right now I am on the hunt for CAD software, I have the Mach3 program but it makes zero sense to me. I am also cleaning off that horrible anti corrosion grease thats all over the mill. Any good solvents for this?

The mill is something that we will be using to make small parts for various operations we do here. I need to learn how to setup and use this mill, and I have no idea where to start. This is my second post here, and I don't post more because I have nothing to add. I feel the search option is my best friend at this point.

Cheers,
    Rob

Inexperienced CNC Operator

Hello All,

I apologize for not posting sooner.(chair) I have not had as much experience as some and slightly more than others. I recently took delivery of a Haas VF 4 and have been experimenting with its capabilities. It has worked quite well but, since I have not had the opportunity to mass produce parts on a regular basis, I have not honed my skills programming it.

I will from time-to-time post once I become more familiar with the machine and help others to become operational quicker than I have. I look forward to conversing with you and enjoy your machines.

Mike

Hello I am interested in laser engraving and have been looking into it for two years. Now my biggest problem is cost so I have also looked at cnc routers.The product I am looking to make is 3d images in wood, stone,plastic,corian. Mostly to sell in stores here at the beach,so beach thyme ,ships,crabs.People on vacation don't care about price.Also looking for software that is easy to pick up and go.

Greetings..

Hi, My name is Gary and I have recently gotten a maxnc10 with an upgraded motor and allot of cutters and engraving bits. I have been looking thru the site and come to find out this was a bad purchace cause for the money I could have gotten a better and more reliable mill. I guess everyone has to start somewhere.LOL.
    I am not totally new to cnc or atleast to machining and Mills but the learning process is slow. I hope to slowly build a larger 5 axis flatbed mill for building custom parts once I get my feet wet with this little machine. The one nice feature was the digitizer tht came with the machine which I have been toying with for some time now. I have Bobcad software that came with it along with Rams and Mach 2.
    I am very glad that this site is here cause I know I will have more questions as I work toward building the mill I have been drawing up.

Page 50 of 422 40484950515260100150