587,025 active members*
3,347 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 61 of 422 1151596061626371111161
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 8430
    Quote Originally Posted by zflyer View Post
    Hello again,

I have a Haydon Big Inch step motor. It is 12VDC, 4W, 4 wire bi-polar with a serial connector. The black is common to the limit switches and blue and red are each connected one to each limit switch. It is a rack and pinion setup per se on an optical that I am using the motor for adjusting focus.

We have previously used stepper test but it lacks the capabilities for checking this motors capabilities properly. Can your software do the job?

Please advise,
    Thanks in advance.

John Franz
    John, you need to post this question in the servomotors and drive section of the forum

thanks
    archie =) =) =)

Hello to all. We are Horton & Son's Mfg. ie handsmfg. I've been a tool and die maker for 26 years and come to the conclusion that manual machining is dead. You can't count on a job with a big company to take care of you until you retire anymore. I'm a few years away form that still. I've been racking my brain as to what I could do to supplement my retirement. I didn't want to have to go to work for someone and make minimuim wage and I love the machining trade. So I been doing lots of research and came accross CNC Zone and I am really impressed with the quality of manual to CNC conversions that have been going on. I bought a G0463 Mill / Drill from Grizzly and have hopes of converting it to CNC. I have taken the preliminary steps of starting a garage machine shop with plans to go all CNC. I know there will be a big learning curve until I'll be able to actually start being productive. I've got a teenage son that thinks CNC is really cool and a 6 year old who wants to be a tool & die maker when he grows up. I want to leave them with a legacy and hopefully a love of metal working like I have and if they don't then maybe they'll have some fun anyway.
    By for now.

Hello, I am a new guy for cnc from Thailand.

At last, my intro

Hi there!!

I have neglected to post here for quite some time but feel as though it is important for the forum and didn't want to wait any longer.

My name is Travis and I am in charge of all the online marketing and sales for Kinetic Machining Services.

Here is a brief about the company:
    Kinetic Machining Services (KMS), established in 1993, is a full service supplier of high quality precision machined products. Our exceptional quality record and complete traceability are the result of thorough monitoring and documentation of production details. Of equal importance to quality is our commitment to meeting the delivery schedule. KMS considers it a privilege to provide a complete quality product in a timely and professional manner.

Thanks for your time.

Travis Modisette
    Kinetic Machining Services
    2796 Timberwood Way
    Pollock Pines, Ca 95726
    Phone: (530) 644-0537
    Fax: (530) 647-8743

Talking Hello from a Newbie

Hello All,

I came across CNC Zone after searching across the Web for info on DIY CNC. I like building things and recently started woodworking as a hobby and I hope to learn more about DIY CNC machines to assist with that.

I love the aspect that I can build a CNC machine myself.

I hope to learn as much as possible from the experienced folks here. Also, I am looking for recommendations for a starter CNC machine to attempt to build.

I am open to all recommendations or advice.

Cheers,

Vic from Virginia

Smile Hello newbee wanting to get started in CNC

Hello group.
    My name is Farley I'm 55 and semi retired I live in Athens Ga, and am getting a 900 sq ft shop and I've been wanting to build a router/plasma tabel for a long time now. They started advertising the carvewright seems like a powerful and easy CNC for the price but i sure would like to have a plasma cutter too. The post with the plans for the MechMate seems to be the tabel for me 4x8 size. For the software Mach 3 seems to be the choice. I probualy need help on the steppers and that side of the project. Is there something in between the software so I can Drawing up my own designs and scanning them into the computer and cut them on the tabel? Please understand I'm a newbee and only think i know what I've read. Thanks Farley
    :rainfro:

Red face

oops

New here

I am a programmer. We use SolidWorks and CamWorks. We have about 20 CNC machine. Okuma, Mori, Haas, Mazak and Hardinge. We recently purchased the new Okuma Multus and have been having some Post issues. My boss has decided I need to learn how to write posts. Anybody have any suggestions on where to begin?

Jonesborough, TN

Noobie hobby machinist from Jonesborough, TN. Have only a manual MicroMark 7x14. Just learning . I am a computer tech by trade, unemployed at the moment.
    I am going to play around with CNC programming while I learn machning the old waty first.
    Plan to use my lathe to make components for building fly rods.

Chuck

Hi all
    I am Adrian from Australia. I run my own service business, servicing / repairing Profile cutters and routers, as well as other equipment in South Australia.
    I have worked in may industries around Australia over the past 20 years, from single axis to 15 axis machines, with accuracy from 1mm to 0.0001mm dependent on application.
    Also worked on industrial Ovens, vision systems,Colour matching systems, specialized / custom lighting, conveyor systems, Pick and place machines, CAD CAM systems and may other types of equipment.

I consider I have been lucky to have been able to work on some great equipment, from some quality companies like GGT, Yamaha, Panasonic, MPM, Heller, ICS (now Data Colour,) PCS

There are others I have not mentioned.

As a note I call any profile cutter / router around 1 meter in size a toy (I now it isn't). only because most of the equipment I work on is 1.5-3 M Wide 5-35 M Long and bigger. But still enjoy working on the smaller equipment.

I now find my self in need of setting up a workshop, So i have come here to look at what equipment other people have and think about it, as well as getting some advice on machining techniques.

Also thinking of a small CNC mill and lathe to play with. in other word a toy.

Thanks for reading

Talking

hi
    this chad in MN i have home made cnc router and working on a upgrade and friend told me to check this site out "thanks randy this site rocks". I have been machining for 7 year. I like to work on cars and make custom parts.

Hello All. I am new to metal lathe work. Just order my lathe and should received it 5 days. I am retaired from apartment maintenance work. I have been doing some welding for the last 4 years. I have never run a metal lathe but looking forward to it. I will be doing a lot of reading and looking for start up projects. I am from Albuquerque, NM

hi! i'm from Italy and i work on a NT4250 mori seiki! Is there someone that know this machine? i'd like to spek with someone that know how to made custom macro! sorry for my english....

Just another new member

Hi, my name is Scott and I own a small cnc shop in Alabama.My equipment consists of 3-Cincinnati and 1-Fadal machining centers with a manual wood and metal shop.By trade I am considered a master patternmaker.I also own a Techno 5'x8' servo router and a Yamazen mill with an ab8400mp both in need of retrofits to be profitable.I have been running Mastercam since V3.1.I have spent several hours just reading and am amazed with all the intelligent members.If you dont learn something new everyday you are not trying.

new member checking in.
    I'm a retired engineer, now into woodworking and RC model airplanes. (I've lots of posts in the RCGroups equivalent to this forum.)
    Just getting into CNC, and planning to build a CNC router in the very near future, for both cabinet work and RC models.
    I'm looking forward to browsing the forum to pick up tips as I go.
    Fuelsguy

No longer a statistic

hi Matt and the rest of CNC community.

My name is Matt too and I used to be one of those 3/5 members with zero posts. I've been lurking and reading posts for over 3 years now so I guess it was past time I introduce myself.

I've always been interested in machinery and mechanical things so this has been a great site to visit from time-to-time.

Recently I bought a CarveWright CNC wood carving machine and have been having a blast with it. NOW, I have something to talk about so now you'll see me stepping up to the podium instead of just passively listening.

I look forward to contributing and making some good friends along the way.

Carve On,
    _Matt
    http://www.wood-carving-machine-tips.com/?ID=cncz

Hi

Hi,

I am very new here. Operating a Roland MDX-40 for a while but still looking for new options and ideas...

Sasa

new guy

Hello, myname is Dan and I am so new to CNC that I can just about spell it. I became interested when I began looking into sign making as a hobby. Through a series of searches for other topics, I came across some "google ads" that lead me here.

I have always been facinated by machinery and electronics and as I said, I enjoy woodworking. After scanning this and another site, I am somewhat overwhelmed as to were to begin. So may the first thing is to describe what I would like to be able to do - at least as a minimum.

I would like to own a CNC routing machine that I can create wood and foam signs as well as decorative designs in wood for other woodworking projects.

If I can find a machine that is relatively inexpensive and can find software to support my needs, I will buy one. If on the other hand I can build one, I would like to do that. I have a metal fabricating and finishing shop at my disposal.

So here is the million dollar question - Where do I start. Any advise would be welcomed.

Thank you,
    Dan

Industrial Designer in Mexico

Hi Guys,
    I´m relatively new to CNC, I own a vinil cutter plotter, and a friend of mine told me it´s kind the same thing.
    I´m a industrial designer, 31 years old, I´m specialized in model making, mostly cars, and I think a CNC router would make my life easier, so I´m here to ask you lots of questions and to receive a good feedback about making or buying a CNC router.

Best regards

Ever Lopez
    www.exclusivescale.com

Another new member

Hi everyone,
    Maybe this is a natural next step for an enthusiast metalworker but I am trying to learn about servo motors and drives and cnc . I am glad there is a forum like this and sure that I'll be learning from all of you. Any suggestions for good reading material?
    Khan

Page 61 of 422 1151596061626371111161