586,116 active members*
3,324 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 91 of 422 41818990919293101141191
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 8431

Hi, from Mark at MendingThings

Hi,
    My name is Mark, I am building a CNC machine now and decided to join the forums and start sharing. I have been lurking for a few weeks and there are some really helpful people here. So I hope I fit in.

I keep a Blog so you can track my build there and give me feedback or ask questions if you se something you don't understand. http://www.mendingthings.com
    There is also a lot more background on myself there.

Thanks for a great forum.

Mark,
    What are you going to do with this router when you are done?

Quote Originally Posted by JimPAC View Post
    Mark,
    What are you going to do with this router when you are done?
    Well, that is kind of the strange thing. Most people build these to because they have things they want to make. Honestly I am not sure what I will use it for except some PCB milling. I am building it more for the learning experience and I expect to catch the bug once it is working.

Thanks

new on the block

Hello everyone. I have decided that I will formally introduce myself. Although most post on this site are over my head, I have concluded that it would be a great place to learn more about my trade. I have been machining for 9 years, but only 3 of those have been CNC based. I am an operator of an Okuma horizontal mill and I have come here to pick the brains of some of the more advanced machinist. I desire to learn, so don't be offended if you find me in the middle of some forum that I obviously know nothing about. Nice to meet you all. Joepuppy....

Hello

Hello,
    I am new to the forums, and to CNC's in general. I am a student at the University of Waterloo going into my second semester of Computer Engineering. I am currently on a co-op term, and for my co-op I need to write a report on something. It turns out that that something will be on how to get the CNC machine at my employer to communicate through the serial port from the computer instead of via tape. I am trying to absorb as much as I can about CNC's as fast as possible. I just bought some 200steps/rev stepper motors and am planning to build a simple CNC milling machine as soon as they arrive.

I am glad to have found these forums, as I will have a load of questions once I figure out what those questions are...

hello, im donnykennedy and im snapping cutters like crazy, so im here to get it figured out

was wondering where i would go to find the (a) speed (b) feed (c) depth of cut for cutting:
    1- hot roll bar steel with a 2 flute 3/32 carbide cutter
    2- stainless steel with a 2 flute 3/32 carbide cutter
    3- regulare grade aluminum with a 2 flute 1/8 hss cutter
    4- regulare grade aluminum with a 2 flute 5/16 hss cutter
    5- regulare grade aluminum with a 2 flute 3/32 carbide cutter

*machine has a MAXIMUM spindle speed of 3000rpm
    -this is where i have problems, as the answers im getting from the formulas are faster then my machine can go

Old career New hobby

Hello world. My name is John. In a past career I was involved in CNC programming and machining for about 7 years. For the past 9 years I've been a computer systems administrator and am looking to get back into machining as a hobby and business. I'm amazed at what kind of machines are available for such reasonable prices compared to 10 years ago. I'll be looking for advice on benchtop machines that can perform multiple axis operations as this is where my interest lies. In the past I programmed turning centers with multi axis live tooling and 4 and 5 axis machining centers and jig bores - horizontal and vertical mainly using Mastercam cad/cam software. Glad to have found such a wealth of knowledge and look forward to contributing where possible.

CHEERS!

Greetings from Costa Rica

Hi,

I'm a weekend woodturner and carver who lives in Costa Rica. I have a penturning business on the side of my regular job and I'm interested in expanding this business to massive manufacturing of turned-carved goods. I programmed injection robots quite a long time ago with G language, but I've forgoten most of it at this moment. I don't have to much time for fun anymore, but I need to build some CNC machines to automate some of the manual processes that I'm doing now. I'm interested in making repeatable bowls and pens, but I don't have too much money to buy out-of-the-box CNC's. So, I'm thinking on having fun during the weeknights and spending some time building myself a CNC. I'm thinking on buying the ZEN-TOOLWORKS CNC and doing the cards and connections myself to learn. Then I would be able to build bigger ones. On the other side, I'm interested on building a lathe CNC to automate some of my current proceses. This would be great! The downside, It is way to expensive to import these machines!!!!!

I don't have electronics or mechanical machinability background, but I have some engineeging one that I think could help. If someone could help me I'd really appreciate it!

I believe that I came to the right place to start, but there is so much information that I get overwhelmed. Where shall I start? Are there drawings available that I can use? Any help will be appreciated!!!!

Thanks to everybody and Pura Vida! (It means "Pure Life.... and it is a local saying in my country...!)

Hello Earth!
    I'm new on these forum but glad to join it. I have worked as much 10 years in furniture production . Now I take care of production in a Chipboard panels furniture factory from Romania.
    I am open to share my experience and sharp my knowledge hire !

I am John-Michael. I have been interested in designing and making things as long as I can remember. I have done woodworking, jewelry work, a little metal working, and a variety of other crafts. One of my recent projects; I was not finding any rear bike racks that I liked and panniers are ridiculously expensive, so I made my own. I now live in Appleton, Wisconsin and became interested in CNC when I stumbled upon the Fab Lab at the local technical college. I am now working on lining things up to go back to school and study Digital Fabrication.

I'm Dave, and I have been a member for a couple of years now. I don't post much because I don't have anything constructive to add. I've always appreciated people that didn't say something just to be saying it I'm sorry I don't post more; I'll try to do better in the future. I real appreciate those here that take their time to share their knowledge. Thank you very, very much.

Dave

Hi Im new

Im a cnc machinist and programmer. I have run mills and lathes and lasers and brake press and I started out as a welder . I like my job and Im glad I have one right now in this economy ..
    I am running a Mitsubishi twin Table Horizontal right now and a Haas vf5 and a Fadal 4030 and a Dainichi lathe.
    I use Gibbscam for my programming jobs.
    I also like bicycles . I just put an Ezee electric motor on My Rans Dynamik. I can go further faster and still get some exercise.
    I also like the night sky and I want to buy an Orion 4.5 dobson reflector telescope..
    Glad to be here. I have looked here for answers before and gotten some help. I hope I can be of some help ....

Guess I'll add myself. I've been reading the site for years, but never posted, I could always find the info I was looking for.

Many years ago I worked for Michelin Tire Corporation in their mold making facility. Being an old school French company, designers had to take a month course in manual milling and manual lathe. In other words, if you design it, you should know something about machining it.

I went on to do CNC programming and eventually became a programmer writing specialized CAD/CAM software. Michelin built a lot of interesting CNC machines for special applications. Like a three axis polar coordinate system (Imagine a rotary table, angular head movement, and z-axis) for engraving lettering onto the sides of the molds. I also learned to operate several EDM machines, wire-edm and a big monster that burned graphite patterns into heat treated steel dies.

That was twenty years ago and the bug got in me. I am on the verge of buying a HF 44991 X2, and will probably use it to build some specialized machines for PCB, guitar bodies, and aluminum face plate engraving.

Anyway, kudos to this site. I've learned and re-learned a lot.

I was a member in several forums and own few sites too but recenlty my brother was died who used to run plastic business so i have taken steps to develop his business but i need to learn about die and cnc design etc.
    suresh

Lightbulb Hey from New Smyrna Beach Florida

Hello everyone.. I have been wondering around fourm now for a week or so. and decided to finaly post and show what im building.
    Me My name is Greg. you can call me hommer.. its a nick name i picked up looking for a screen name for aol 12- 13 years ago..easy to remmber ya know :} Im 46 few health issues.. Unemployed.. trying to figure a way to make money from home. Been a Mechanic all my life and pretty sick of working on cars and my back and neck both say i better stop to... Well Anyway.. The GF and I have a 92 jeepcherokee and I got to thinking about making custom parts out of plastic and maybe sell them if they work out ok.. things like fender flares cup holders door pannels even half doors in plastic for the ones that like to take the doors off.. SO that brings me to my idea and how to acually do this.. So vacuum forming machine looks pretty strait fwd and i have a Automotive A/C vacuum pump.. so im thinking that will be pretty simple to make.. For the oven.. I was going to weld a buch of oven doors together for a area ruffly 3x6 foot ..but my main problem is.. i can make a left or right part.. but making one thats excally the same but in revers say fender flares a LEFT and RIGHT one.. I figured i have to make some kind of manual reverse duplicator thingy.. lol really dont know what to call it.. So anyway this is picture of what i have got done so far..and im "thinking" on what im going to do next to it..
    I guess i will start a build thread for help to...
    here is build thread i started
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...797#post748797
    here is pic and web link to photobucket with more pics
    http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f...%20DUPLICATOR/

Smile Mr. Jack

Hello everyone...I am a Machining Manager in Cleveland OH....I have been in the industry 18 years...I have Haas, Okuma, OKK, Mori CNC mills and lathes including 5 axis milling....I use Gibbs Cam software....I enjoy offroading and cycling although my work load rarely allows hobbies....

Is there a way to search and find members who are in my area?

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been fabricating parts for off-road vehicles for years and just pulled the trigger on a 2x2 plasma table from Tourchmate. I am a n00b to CNC and trying to learn as much as I can as fast as I can. There seems to be a great deal of information on this forum.

Curt

Guess I'll throw in my 2 cents worth. I've not done any machining, but have been interested in it for years and watched someone every chance I got and asked lots of questions. I'm thinking of a ShopTask machine to get started with. I'd appreciate anyone's opinion on this. I really can't afford two machines, and I'm not planning on doing huge projects, so this looks like it'll do everything I want it to. What do y'all think? I'm completely new to all of this, and I'm open to any and all criticism. Thanks.

Hi all,
    I'm new CNC user, I'm very interesting about your experience about trouble shooting old CNC machine. Again thanks for this forum and best wishes all of you.
    Thomas

Page 91 of 422 41818990919293101141191