586,112 active members*
3,169 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 99 of 422 4989979899100101109149199
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 8431

Cool Hi All

Hello to one and all,
    I am new year but hand on experience in cutting tools i.e. Tool holders, Tapping attachments, drill, tap etc. Hence here to Share and learn more from all friends around here...
    Right now i am in Marketing and my product range includes Double Column CNC machines, Flat Bed Lathe, Surface Griding machine etc.

hope to have good time here

Pushpesh Kumar Jain

Hello....new to CNC and wanting to learn......I do know Vbull too well though.....LOL

Hi all, am just looking to buy my first machines.
    Love machining but have been working in maintenance without any machining for over 20yrs. (gotta follow the $$)
    Lots to re-learn and learn from scratch.
    Looking forward to an interesting journey.

Smile NEW MEMBER

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY HELLO TO ALL IN THIS GROUP. I HAVE A DM3000 AND IN THE PROCESS OF SETTING IT UP. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARNING FROM EVERYONE AND SHARING WHAT I CAN.

Expanding my business to add CNC capabilities

I own a marine electronics company in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. We are currently setting up our first CNC router. We are building it ourselves simply because we have the background in motion control and electronics, etc. It is fairly small with a 2' x 4' cutting area, but it is merely the beginning. Our initial objective was to simply use it for our own needs, but it seems logical to shop it out as an additional revenue stream.

We plan on expanding our capabilities to a larger machine with an 4' x 8' cutting area.

I will be reading this forum feverishly to help myself avoid the beginner pitfalls of such an undertaking.

Thanks for the help.

Smile

HELLO all
    Just a newbie that found this site.I'm a tool & die retired tradesman.
    interested in makeing a small table cnc 2' in y an about 4' in x about 6"
    in z .for my own hobby use.i have cnc time about 6000 hours but most
    of it was in conversaional on HURCOs UNIMAX.trying to learn something
    about cad to cam to dfx .and how to drive stepper motors from boards
    an power supplys to put together my own machine .at a buget of course.
    lot of infor to look over here ,thanks

Hello, I have been kind of lurking around for awhile now and decided to register. I have a small shop in my home garage where I build custom modifications for off road rock crawliers and buggies. The work and designs are getting to the point where my next step is to purchase a CNC router.

Forums and groups like these to me are a wealth of knowledge and experience that everyone can gain from. I know I'll learn a lot and hopefully makea few freinds and beable to share someof my knowledge as well.

Hello to all. I am a long-time, old school hot rodder with strong industry ties. I'm always working on different projects and after lurking for some time I decided to register hoping to absorb some of the vast knowledge I've experienced on this forum.

I have zero-experience with high tech equipment but admire the capabilities in today's machining world. I do have equipment that allows me to do the fabrication I require to build and maintain this rather loose-tolerance stuff I get involved with. A few years ago I obtained my first real piece of equipment that has aided me in many projects. It's an ancient Logan 10" lathe.

I look forward to learning as much as I can.

Hello everyone,im from sunny South Africa and will be trying keep my countrys name high by building(and copying) a cnc router under 9 months.i will be importing almost all my electrical components and stepper motors from abroad,as we Saffers are always trying to make a fast buck

Hi just signed up, 11 years experience with machine tools, ex Makino / Okuma service engineer

noob alert

Hey guys/gals,

I am looking into building a cnc router, I want it to be big enough to be usefull, but mostly I am looking at it as a learning experience.
    I have a small machine shop, or I will once I get my z axis ball screw replaced on my mill anyway. I believe building the machine will be no great feat, but the control is a mystery to me. I have a cnc lathe, and a cnc mill but am still using the conversational interface at the machine on both with two diferent controls. I have no CAD/CAM programs to play with, and dont know G-code at all. I am not afraid to dig into my machines, recently I had to remove my Xaxis controler from my lathe, and fortunatly found a replacement for it.
    Another posibility, is I have an old Vanguard 1000 engraving machine, its old CNC, with cartrages for fonts and such, it only ingraves in streight lines, Possibly I could convert it for use with a standard PC and some freeware, I could probably learn quite a bit in the process, and bring new life to this old machine, engrave on an arc or use it for more than just letters.

Any recomendations for CAD/CAM, what CNC controls for the hobbyist you like , and or expirences with updating older equipment such as my engraver is welcome.
    Thanks

Angry Hello From Sunny South Africa. We need help with our new machine!!!

Hi everyone.

Neil and Cally here from Durban in South Africa. We have just imported a cnc router from China, Model HY-1325 which came with NO operating Manuals and NcStudio which we have downloaded but cannot switch on our machine because when we click on the NcStudio Icon an error message comes up which is not Chinese but hyroglyphic nonsense!!! Please can anyone out there give us a hand on getting this up and running?

Hello to everyone.
    My name is Rick. I live in South West Missouri and have been a computer programmer for over 20 years. I have many interest and my newest is CNC. I bought a Shoptask Tri-Power and have turned it into a CNC machine. I am now trying to figure out how all of this works..... The motor wires are killing me.... I just can't make heads or tails of them but it will come to me as I lay sleepless at night trying to do so.....

Thanks to all whom post. Some really great stuff on this site...... Rick

Hi Guys, I an very new at stepper motors and how they work. I would like to build a plasma cutting table. So I was told this is a good place to start.

Hello

Many thanks to everyone involved in this forum. I'm a Mechanical Engineer trying to build a few machines to assist in some of the wood working I'm doing, and have been lurking here a couple months.

This forum and its users have been a gret source of information helping me get to converting a small atlas/craftsman 6X18 lathe to get my feet wet. Perhaps I'll start a thread sharing my conversion and asking the few remaining questions I have.

Hello from Florida

Hi...I'm RJW

I've been using, retrofitting,repairing, designing and teaching nc/cnc since the 70's.

I am an advisor to an educational combat robotics team in Miami....I dedicate a lot of time helping our future engineers understand sound machining practices and cnc programming.

Hello

I'm Terry from Ohio. I've been operating, setting up and programming CNCs since 1977. I provide training, write macros and optimize machining processes. I have worked with Okuma, Fanuc, Open CNC, Milltronics and many other controls. I share info here.

Wink Newb first post

Hello all,
    i'll try to be short , hows that ?
    I just picked up a2 14x25 used and i am already cutting mdf signs of verious sizes and logos any how I sold my Bp 412 interact SAD EYES AND BOUGHT THE K2 A FEW YEARS YEARS LATTER i have been using bobcadv17 for my engraving and file conversion now using mach 3 to cut the files created in BC,v19any how HELLO ALL MY first post I miss my too changer byt i was not making any money with it so i sold it to a local ms and it only cut body parts (knee caps) no bs I checked it out before driving to ann arbor mich with 10 k cash in my pocket (solo) ford explorer and car hauler
    wow i was a younger man then well the k2 is a homeowner entry level. First thing PO did not believe in lub so the x axis was as loud as the little colt pony router so with some lube WHAT A DIFFERENCE wow what a relief a little lube makes now all is good the machine is the first model with only 3 in. in z so i'll live with it here is a file to view an idea of the projects any qs please don't hesatate I like meating new folks
    DON CENTRAL FL NEAR THE NUKE PLANT IN CRYSTAL RIVER

Wink Newb first post

Hello all,
    i'll try to be short , hows that ?
    I just picked up K2 14x25 used and i am already cutting mdf signs of verious sizes and logos any how I sold my Bp 412 interact SAD EYES AND BOUGHT THE K2 A FEW YEARS YEARS LATTER i have been using bobcadv17 for my engraving and file conversion now using mach 3 to cut the files created in BC,v19any how HELLO ALL MY first post I miss my tooL changer but i was not making any money with it so i sold it to a local ms and it only cut body parts (knee caps) no bs I checked it out before driving to ann arbor mich with 10 k cash in my pocket (solo) ford explorer and car hauler.
    wow i was a younger man then well the k2 is a homeowner entry level. First thing PO did not believe in lub so the x axis was as loud as the little colt pony router so with some lube WHAT A DIFFERENCE wow what a relief a little lube makes now all is good the machine is the first model with only 3 in. in z so i'll live with it here is a file to view an idea of the projects any qs please don't hesatate I like meating new folks
    DON CENTRAL FL NEAR THE NUKE PLANT IN CRYSTAL RIVER

Hello to the forum

Hi all,

My name is Nick and I live in Bend, Oregon. I am a Army Vet, and an aviation major full-time student. I have had an interest in CNC for years, owning a Maxnc 10 since 2005. Reading through the posts it seems like people either have never had a problem with Max's machines or hate them all together. My interest in CNC has recently spawned back up and I purchased Mach 3 and BobCad-v.23. When I purchased the machine back on '05 I was manually programing the G-code (which is the reason I believe my interest in it died), but now I look forward to learning to use CAM software for that. I am a very green novice who would like to better understand the depths of CNC operations as a hobby.

Page 99 of 422 4989979899100101109149199