586,076 active members*
3,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 247 of 422 147197237245246247248249257297347
Results 4,921 to 4,940 of 8431

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Glad I am not freezing in Canada. It is 0 C here in Luton UK. I am safely in the pub having a beer and reading this.
    I am after .dxf files to try out our new 80W laser cutter/engraver. Any help would be thanked.

Cheers.

hello all, i am mike. happy to join this forum , I can learn here

I have been using this site for information about the equipment at my new job. Thanks for everyone's help. I hope to spend more time here, and maybe help some others.

thanks for your welcome!!

Hello all, joining you from Massachusetts, USA. I'm a mechanical engineering student focusing on CAD design and manufacturing. Especially interested in design for manufacturability of aluminum alloys, machinability and process development. Hoping to learn a lot from seasoned CNC veterans and young engineers/machinists alike.

Thanks glad to see younger people getting into the machining Ind. I started in 1977, you are always learning.

Hello from the progressive center of the great state of Tejas. I am relatively new to CNC, I have had some exposure but am now building my own X, Y, Z router table and Y, Z, U, V hotwire 2 in 1 machine.
    I have a few decades of fabrication the old school way, using DRO mills and lathes as well as Mig and TIG welding. I do wood working and composite fabrication as well.

I hope to gather lots of knowledge from this forum, as well as contribute when I can.

Peace, Wolf

I'm a farmer, part time mechanic now.. I used to be a service tech for a packaging equipment company where I did all sorts, from manual lathes and mills with DRO's, PLC programming, assembly, welding, and field service.

What bring me here? PlasmaCam's miserable support and software!

Hi,

A cheap laser diode is the first thing you need to make your very own high powered laser capable of burning paper.1000s of laser diodes have died due to the lack of proper drivers A laser diode is current hungry, it will take all it can get. i would advice you to wear safety glasses and not fool around while doing this project have fun and be carefull.

Hello !
    From Reunion Island I am.
    Project : CNC with recycled parts
    Peace !

Hi everyone!
    I've been interested in purchasing a cnc router for a while now. About a month ago the interest crossed my mind again. After a lot of research and liking the satisfaction I get from building things I decided to go ahead and just build one. I am building it out of 3/4" MDF. I ordered many parts and while waiting I built the table and Y axis yesterday. Today I built a rolling cart for it to sit on. When finished I should have a cutting area of 46"X38" and a Z axis of 5".

And this interest and build has led me to here at your forums!
    Randy

Hello everyone from Italy.. I'm a technical employee and I'm currently using a laser-cutting machine Trumpf LY2500 (yes, a little bit old... )..

What kind of help are you requireng for your steppers?

Hi from France

i use cnc laser for automation project.

Hi ...im musso im a toolmaker and engineering supervisor

Hi, I'm a newbie from Australia coming across from 3D printing with filament on a Solidoodle but our business here has purchased a Roland MDX-40A and I get the job of learning how to use it and I love it

hello everyone here.
    gael from france. i am thinking buy a cnc router 1325 with swinging head. is it a little risk?
    atcually. i already have some cotations from china. all looks smiliar and there is little difference in value.
    please advise me.

Hi everyone,
    My name is Warrenlc and I am a Shark Piranha owner (new this month). I am retired and enjoying my hobby business Lo Cascio Originals. I have design engineering experience in many fields like chemical processing, manufacturing, R&D, and Aerospace. Worked on CadCam systems such as Medusa, SolidWorks, AutoCad and SDRC Ideas. I took on a project from one job to program CNC Lathes and Milling machines. But I'm new to the "operation" of CNC machines so this is a learning experience and I will be cutting mostly wood and not metal. I'm from Jackson NJ (which is covered in white right now). And I'm exciting to be taking all this experience down a "new road" and meeting people who are "professionals" and "hobbyists like me"

Hi Guys,

I live in the north of England. I have an Ox Max V slot CNC which I have been using for a couple of weeks.

Cheer

Building a "part time" machine shop. Trying to do things as cheap as possible, so I am here trying to learn the ways of the masters.

Page 247 of 422 147197237245246247248249257297347